Touchline Instructions: Do you use them?

And do you find them effective?

I only use those now. Have one tactic which i only adjust through TI during match.As for are they effective...well i am 2nd in EPL with Sunderland and advanced in 1st Knockout phase of CL (finished 4th last season in EPL),lost total of 1 game whole season so far, and that's with fairly average team.

Make your conclusion from that.

touchline instructions are a gamble in that they can work but can also backfire. You have to develop that skill over time, I think. You need to know when to use each one. I used a downloaded game player guide to find out when to use each one.

Only really when I'm a goal or two down, particularly away from home I think - fook it - I'll sling on another striker and tell them to "Get Ball Forward" and "Pump Ball Into Box". I've gotten goals from it, although whether it's due to that or not I don't know...

Question - wont exploit flanks and pump ball into box sort of contradict each other?

I though Exploit flanks, means getting the ball down the flanks quickly. Pump ball into box to me suggests that your midfielder / defenders will just hit the ball long into the box.

Question - wont exploit flanks and pump ball into box sort of contradict each other?

I though Exploit flanks, means getting the ball down the flanks quickly. Pump ball into box to me suggests that your midfielder / defenders will just hit the ball long into the box.

That is what i thought, but my wide men are are putting in wild crosses, which with a tall poacher in the box is paying dividends.

I have found them to be effective with a determined team. They seem to respond to any of your instructions, but a line-up without that criteria usually won't be effective for me using instructions outside of attack, overload, defensive, etc.

I have some touchline instructions. I had save them when making my tactics in Demo. And I think it saved all and I can shout all start of the game automatically.

I've tried to do the same thing as you but when i go to my next game and use that tactic it doesn't have the touchline shouts attached to it. How did you get to work? Thanks

Archived