Greatest feeling in FM

For me, it has to be this: Signing a 20 year old striker regen from AC Milan after scouting him for 3 years and keeping a close eye on his interest in signing. This was the first time he was interested in signing with my "lowly" side, so I pounced. But it gets better. His first game with the team is a EURO Cup 1st Knockout leg. Since he's the best striker on the team, naturally, I decide to start him. He scored 2 goals within the first 5 minutes of the match, and eventually got a hat-trick in the 87th minute, catalyzing my side to an emphatic 6-0 away win. His rating for his first game played for my team: 9.40

Share yours if you have any.

Mine comes with Fm08. Manging Rangers after 5 league titles but no European sucess apart from consistantly last 16 and once the QF of the CL. In season 6 we beat this record getting to the final and already having wrapped up the SPL i focus on restng players to play the mighty Barcalona, Augusto Fernadez who often featured in my bigger games in the past hadnt played for 3 months and got a few games, earned his place in the CL final with some good performances. Sure enough my big game player upped his game and the giants of Spain went down 2-1 in Rome. Fernandez was always poor in the less important games but in the big games he was Zedaine and Veria merged into one.

In the end Barca took 6 years to recover from the defeat and my Rangers side went from strenth to strenth depite poor in Europe over the next 2 seasons we won it 4 years later again. Easily the greatest feeling ive ever had. And thanks to that performance i got mega bucks for Fernandez who just wasnt good enough on the smaller stage.

It's all about getting success with a team that you have some kind of link with. Usually I choose Maidenhead Utd as they are my closest lower division club and I sometimes go down and watch them.

Currently managing Kings Lynn as my Mum lives up that way and really enjoying all the success thats been coming.

Starting up a the Defuge challenge is the ultimate way to enjoy the game in my opinion. No editors, no scouting programs and atrribute masking on.

Beating rivals and winning big games is great, but the ultimate feeling is when you play a very unfancied opposition and you domminate the match but can't score. After hitting the woodwork no less than five times and seeing a a goalkeeper you've never even heard of perform like a highlight reel of Peter Smeicheal, :mad:paranoaia sets in.

You think of those 'this game cheats' threads that appear daily on FM forums and it seems like only a matter of time before my defenders mess up and the opposition snatch a goal with their only shot of the game.:(

In injury time frustration reaches breaking point and a cross somehow finds your striker unmarked at the back post to score with almost the final kick of the game. :D

unreal feeling

Playing out the entire career of a player with your club. Just love it.

Haven't done this yet, but working on it. So far I have been able to develop and retain my star midfielder for 6 seasons, and he's already in the club's favored personnel. I hope he can stick around and retire as a legend for the club.

On FM09 I bought a 15 year old wonderkid for nothing and sold him when he was 18 for 8 million pounds. I cant remember his name because he was a regen but I have never had that kind of satisfaction again with a young player.

It was in FM 07. I was managing Atalanta and the league title went down to the final game of the season with me trailing by 2 points to Inter Milan. I needed to win and I needed them to lose as their GD was far superior to mine. They were away at Juve while I was at home to Lazio. Anyway midway through the first half we got a corner its floated in and 'GOAL' my star striker Cristiano Lucarelli puts us one up, happy days! It stayed like that till half time and to my joy when I checked the other scores Inter were 2-0 to Juve. We were 45 + Stoppage time away from our first ever title. Anyhow the second half started and we continued to press, but chance after chance was squandered and we couldn't finish them off. Then I started to get that dredded feeiln that they were goin to nick one on the break and so it came to pass in the 83rd minute, when a long aimless ball was aloud to bounce in my area and Tomas Rocchi was onto it like a rocket "BANG" firing it into the top left hand corner of our net with all my defenders stood round playing musical statues. " 1-1 DAMN!!! We've blown it!!!" I thought. I was absolutely gutted especially when I found out Inter were now losing 3-0. All was not lost though as we peppered their goal for the remainder of normal time and then with 92 mins on the clock and time fast running out, a long Hopefull ball over the top from Tomas Locatelli and Cristiano Lucarelli was onside and clean through with only the goalie to beat..............."GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Cristiano Lucarelli made it 2-1 in the last minute of stoppage time, the ref blew the whistle and that was it Atalanta were Seria A champions for the first time in their history!!!

The sense of achievement I got from winning the league that way was just unbelievable and that is by far the greatest feelin i've had from any FM or CM series game.

Back when i was still playing CM 01 02, i had this .. "friend" of mine lol .. took him almost a week to lend me the game, i took the game home and after a couple of tries the game was installed successfully and that was it .. the happiest moment in CM.

Then i won 13 times in a row the portuguese league with Benfica and also the champions league a few times.

The first champions league i won was due to a late goal from Aghahowa .. He got a raise the following day.

In FM, maybe managing Vauxhall from the Blue Square North to the Premier League in six or seven years.

A network game in one of the old CMs can't remember which. I was struggling as Liverpool and missed out on Europe thanks to my mate losing the CL final to blackburn after having a perfect season, unbeaten in all competitions until that one game. That basically meant I went bankrupt as I had no real money coming in and the board sold 15 first teamers and put me under a transfer embargo, I almost lost the job.

The next season, my team which consisted of youth players and one or two players the chairman let me keep romped to a league and FA cup double by 12 points.

My best feeling is actually from FM10, and here it is.

Playing as Liverpool in the 3rd season I had a striker shortage. Torres injured, and Crouch out of form. I had a big game with Everton, in amongst all the usual March/April big games, and was losing 1-0 with half an hour to play. I decided that I had nothing to lose at this point, so I replaced Crouch with my 17y.o. regen striker Lawrie Wyke, who had a goalscoring record of a goal a game for the reserves. This was his first team debut. At Anfield, against Everton. He scores twice, once with each foot, in the last ten minutes of the game to give me the three points and put me 5 clear at the top of the league. He scored 4 more in the remaining 7 league games to help me win the title, and has effectively sealed his place in my side for the next 15 years. Great feeling.

Best FM 10 feeling so far.Winning the welsh league with Aberystwyth, then the following season somehow getting through the champions league qualifiers to the group stage despite being told i should expect heavy losses in every game on the way.

The feeling comes from seeing the 3.8 mil in the bank and then the realization that the next 6 champions league games i am gonna get absolutely smashed :D

Best FM10 Feeling - Taking charge of Corinthians when they languished in 17th place, stabilizing them, then next season winning the Copa de Brazil and Copa Sudamerica. Offered CSKA job, and then managing to reach semi-final of Euro Cup, winning Russian cup and the best feeling yet: won the Russian Premier Division title, winning our last game of the season, as our rivals Spartak Moscow lost 1-0 when they needed only a draw to win the league (on goal difference). Nearly had a heart attack when watching goal updates...

Best FM09 feeling - Winning BSS and BSP titles consecutively with Welling Utd.

Playing out the entire career of a player with your club. Just love it.

I had the same mate, Joao Paulo Baidoo.

African attacking midfielder

Signed him at 17 years of age from CNPS Yaounde for $14,000 and retired for my side (Badajoz) aged 37. Scored from the spot on his last ever match.

500 games 274 goals - a tad under 3000 goals, but he was a brilliant midfielder and legend of Spanish Football. :D

20 seasons of brilliance. Took my side from 2nd division to 2 Primera Liga titles in Spain. I constantly finished 4th to 2nd each year to the top sides Barcelona and Real Madrid, so winning the league after 12 seasons was just great, I won another 2 seasons later. We ended up fading away a little when my stars began to retire. :(

I completed a game with my friend where I won the French title with Marseille (he was Lyon). I was so happy because I won with one point and both of us won our 6-7 last matches... In the end it was totally nerve wracking :D

I had the same mate, Joao Paulo Baidoo.

African attacking midfielder

Signed him at 17 years of age from CNPS Yaounde for $14,000 and retired for my side (Badajoz) aged 37. Scored from the spot on his last ever match.

500 games 274 goals - a tad under 3000 goals, but he was a brilliant midfielder and legend of Spanish Football. :D

20 seasons of brilliance. Took my side from 2nd division to 2 Primera Liga titles in Spain. I constantly finished 4th to 2nd each year to the top sides Barcelona and Real Madrid, so winning the league after 12 seasons was just great, I won another 2 seasons later. We ended up fading away a little when my stars began to retire. :(

Nice one. :thup:

Scoring goals ins't always the making of a legend at a club. :D - I've had plenty of GK's and CM's that have had huge impacts for me.

Archived