Losing Money!!

thanks in advance:)

I have a Blue Square south team (Braintree) and their balance at the beginning of the season was i think $55,000(fm09:o).

It's down to 30,000$ already, not even in the regular season!

I've lost 15,000$, made 37,000$, lost 52,000$(season) lost 37,000$ in salary this month!

I've only bought a 15 year old (cheap) and 16 (cheap:p) and I really don't want to get rid of players because I need them all (rotation and somewhat quality) and they think we can go to the playoffs.

Is this usual? Will we gain all this back somehow? What should I do?:confused:

should I sell guys now tho?

also, never played an fm before, what would happen if I did well on the season but went in debt?

i guess, what i'm trying to say is how far can I push the board?

thanks!!!

I wouldn't look to sell unless your financial status is ''Insecure" or worse, unless you get an offer too good to refuse. If you're close to debt, depending on the wealth and ambition of the owner they may take out a loan to secure the finances in the short-term, although resulting in higher long-term payments. If you're lucky, they may pump money into the team from their own pockets.

If you do get into debt, the adminstrators may be called in to look for a new owner, in which time you'll be restricted from buying players and forced to sell where possible.

If you do get into debt, the adminstrators may be called in to look for a new owner, in which time you'll be restricted from buying players and forced to sell where possible.

So i'm assuming that's bad right?

huh thanks!:D

I'm in the same situation lol. With Bedford Town in BSN. Think i lost about 60k in my first year and that included getting a new board member who put in 80k loan i think.(unless it was the bank) so it could be worse(think my balance is now -20k). I finished in the playoffs and got a little bit of money from that and hopefully next season i will actually get some decent attendances(0 season ticket holders) so hopefully i won't lose as much this time! Otherwise i'll have to hope the chairman pumps more money in :p

But my finances are "okay" at the minute so i'm just trying to save money as much as i can! Hopefully i can get promoted this season so i don't get docked 10 points lol :p

do what i do arrange a few freindlies against the best teams u can that keeps me going im newport btw

I did this in fm2009 and made 3m from just gate receipts so this is a very good idea to make money. You should also see if your board are willing to get you a parent team. If you get a parent team then they should be willing to send you some players, of a better quality than you already have, on loan and this should help with the push for promotion which is the one thing that can do the most for your finances.

I did this in fm2009 and made 3m from just gate receipts so this is a very good idea to make money. You should also see if your board are willing to get you a parent team. If you get a parent team then they should be willing to send you some players, of a better quality than you already have, on loan and this should help with the push for promotion which is the one thing that can do the most for your finances.

I would do this a lot more but my payroll is basically full (says my board:p)

I never thought about friendlies!:rolleyes:

I would do this a lot more but my payroll is basically full (says my board:p)

I never thought about friendlies!:rolleyes:

Sell a couple of your highest earners. If you get a parent club then the players that they send to you should (in theory ;)!) be better than the players you've sold so it should make up for the loss.

Sell a couple of your highest earners. If you get a parent club then the players that they send to you should (in theory ;)!) be better than the players you've sold so it should make up for the loss.

Before I saw your post, I did both. Trying to sell my keeper that I don't need, and wants $650 with good clauses for a new contract with me.

Also a highly paid right mid. As for the parent club, I may be being laughed at by my players but am trying to get right mid from mk dons.

Any other suggestions would be great even though I may have it figured out;)

Yeah i've got parent clubs in the form of Peterborough and Watford and will arrange some friendlys... whats do you reckon the highest level of club would accept a friendly with Bedford Town(dafuges challenge) in the BSN. lol.

Also because of this i wanted to be a real man(:p as stated in dafuges challenge write up) in the first season and not accept players from parent clubs but i'm considering doing it this season! What do you guys think! Should i? It was good knowing i finished 4th in first season from the current players and free signings... but i'm not sure if promotion is the only way to secure better finances and maybe my 1st season was a fluke lol

Yeah i've got parent clubs in the form of Peterborough and Watford and will arrange some friendlys... whats do you reckon the highest level of club would accept a friendly with Bedford Town(dafuges challenge) in the BSN. lol.

Also because of this i wanted to be a real man(:p as stated in dafuges challenge write up) in the first season and not accept players from parent clubs but i'm considering doing it this season! What do you guys think! Should i? It was good knowing i finished 4th in first season from the current players and free signings... but i'm not sure if promotion is the only way to secure better finances and maybe my 1st season was a fluke lol

For parent clubs, the highest I've gotten is League 1.

As for buying players, try to get as much of an edge as possible!!!:p

Archived