Are your supporters unrealistic at times?

Sometimes they just do your head in. For example I got a draw at Bayern Munich despite playing half the game with ten men (first season). The Rangers supporters were not happy. In reality we'd be very pleased.

Fans are idiots! :D

I reached Europa Leagues Quarter Finals in my first season at Rosenborg, lost 4-3 on aggregate to Genoa [1-1 home, 3-2 away], and the fans were "disappointed by the result".

Some weeks later I won the Norwgian Cup 1st round 1-0 after extra time against a Tier 3 team, I had the "embarrassed" team talk and a livid press conference... yet again.. "the fans are pleased with the win in Cup 1st Round".

So.... We BARELY lose to a much stronger opponents, equaling the club's all-time achievement in European Competitions, and the fans aren't happy because we didn't look too dangerous...

We BARELY win a match against an amateur side we should have dominated [despite fielding the whole B team], and the fans are happy because we created many chances...

Go figure.

Whenever my number one choice keeper has a bad game, the fans always complain that my second choice would have been a better one. This is complete nonsense, due to the fact that my first choice is a hell of a lot better than number 2.

FM2010 is excellent game nonetheless.

My worst as Rangers we lost 7-2 to Barca away in season 2. Season 3 we imprioved the squad and got Barca in CL group stages and managed to keep it to 1-0 at home. They where devistated. Wait to me thats a very good improvement

Hi Coop, do you have a save game from just after this fixture? If so please upload it to the FTP and we'll take a look for you. Thanks.

Are you seious?

Just play the game in your office. This is a common occurance.

Urealistic fan response/expectations have happened to me in almost every save Ive played.

Playing Lyon and the fans are disapointed after we draw 1-1 away to Bayern in champs league... Thats a good result for MOST euro teams tbh.

Playing coventry in secound season and just been promoted to premiership. We draw 1-1 at home to Chelsea in out 4th league game and the fans are disapointed?

Seriously, this is an anoying part of FM that shouldn't be to difficult to fix and the problem should be obvious to anyone that plays the game for a while.

Other fan issues include how annoyed they get when you sell a player they like.... Despite the fact that he has put in 3 transfer requests, is playing rubbish cos he's unhappy and he is causing unrest in the changing room. OK so they can be upset about the sale but shouldnt they be more angry towards the player? Ask any West Ham fan how they felt about Defoe or Ince when the club sold them.

I wonder whether the game takes into account what happens during the match, for example a player getting sent off etc. Because sometimes it's the other way around too. I play against an inferior opposition at home, they are down to ten men early in the game, I still play rubbish the game ends up 0-0 and the fans are happy with the score :confused:

As football supporters we all have unrealistic expectations from tiime to time dont we?

I remember last year someone posted here that game was "not realistic" because Carragher was not best defender in the world in it:confused:

It can be easily said that fans can be rather disillusioned about what is reality.

One of my players at Liverpool got added to the favoured personnel list. He had been playing averagely all season, and then got two goals and an assist against United. A bit easy, no? If, say, Albert Riera got two goals and an assist against United and never did anything of note for Liverpool again, would he be someone fans told their grandchildren about?

The fans were also pleased about the late equaliser. We were 2-0 up, fell to 3-2 down, and then scored with practically the last kick. Personally, I think Liverpool fans would be disappointed that they didn't hold the lead.

Hi Coop, do you have a save game from just after this fixture? If so please upload it to the FTP and we'll take a look for you. Thanks.

Having read many of your posts, my opinion is you are one of the most helpful SI employees there are. It encourages me when I read posts by people who work for SI who seem to genuinely care.

However, in this instance asking someone to upload is not being helpful. Assuming you play the game you will have noticed that the fans and board have ridiculously high expectations at times.

Let me break it down: Fans:

In real-life, we all have high expectations. Chelsea and Man Utd fans expect their team to win the title. Liverpool and Arsenal fans expect their team to at least put up a challenge for the title. Leeds fans expect their team to get back to the Premiership with two instant promotions, etc.

However, what we don't do is, say a Burnley fan. Burnley play at home to Man Utd. They are expected to lose, they get a draw. In real life the fans would be happy. They would, simple as that. On FM they are unhappy with the draw. Even a defeat at home to Man Utd, Burnley fans in real-life wouldn't be unhappy as it's expected, yet on FM they are.

Board: This part is ridiculous at times. I have managed a team to the top many times, and EVERY season SI fail to address the problem with seasonal expectations. If I become a top side, my board expect me to win the title (fair enough). But they also expect me to get to the final of the Champions League, the F.A Cup Final, and until this version, the League Cup Final aswell! That is completely unrealistic. At least you are getting there with the League Cup not being seen as important, but in real-life, the board would not be as interested in the F.A Cup unless they did poorly in the other two big competitions, and they would also be pretty happy with hitting the Champions League Quarter-Finals most seasons, this needs to be addressed in the game.

I'm sorry, but asking people to posts things just seems like you are pretending to take notice, you only need to play a quarter of a season or so to notice the problems with the fans, and two or three seasons as a big club to notice the problems with the boards.

I'm quite sure many SI empolyess have already done so, so should already be aware of these problems.

i created a team, start at blue square south, fierce rival is man utd, arsenal and man city

after few years, i am at coca cola league 1/coca cola championship

my fans is very sad/angry as their team lose to their fierce rival when i lose to man utd/man city/arsenal at league cup/FA Cup

i lolwut....surely city fans wont be angry when their team lose to man utd few years back when they are still 1 league below EPL

Sorry. Just came back on to read the thread. The game is well in the past now so I don't have a record/save-game of it.

Archived