2-6 then the game crashes!

I didnt think FM games still did this!

I was losing 2-0, so i change my tactics and by half time im winning 2-3, and by full time 2-6. Im over the moon with the result, then all of a sudden a Crash Report pops up saying i need to close the programme.... :mad:

This use to happen years ago with the other CM and FM games but i thought this would have been sorted by. I haven't even played FM2010 too much because i dont like all the extra crap i have to do with team talks, backroom meetings press conferences, also the bug that hasnt been fixed when i change my tactics before kick off then when i try to edit opposition instructions for one player it changes it for all of them.....? and now this happening has just pushed me over the edge.

FM, FIX UP ! :thdn:

dont blame fm, it could be you your drivers or sumitnk

My computer is completely up to date and my system is a beast, yet i have crash dumps every hour of play, so yes i will blame FM and SI for not extensively testing the game. You seem to be posting in alot of threads sticking up for SI because YOUR game doesnt have any issues.

Roll on the day it does.

mine has been fine after the new patch has been installed, used to "crash dump" quite often but since the new patch it has been ok, and i have probably cursed myself now so the next time that i play it it will probably crash after an amazing 4-3 comback!

dont blame fm, it could be you your drivers or sumitnk

It might be his computer where the problem is, but SI has acknowledged there is a problem.

They're going over the coding and said that they've seen a few bugs there, that's been there for a few versions of the game now, but never really happened......until now.

At least one of them.

I didnt think FM games still did this!

I was losing 2-0, so i change my tactics and by half time im winning 2-3, and by full time 2-6. Im over the moon with the result, then all of a sudden a Crash Report pops up saying i need to close the programme.... :mad:

What, if anything, have you got running at the same time as FM? Maybe something is causing a conflict of some sort. Try downloading and installing game booster. This is a free program that will stop all the stuff that your computer loads when it starts that it really doesn't need to work.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

• Administrators

We're aware whilst patch 10.1.1 fixed some of the issues that a small amount of users are facing memory wise, we're aware of some other issues and knock on issues that have been raised, and have a team of people looking into the problems with respect to having more changes being made for patch 2, many of which have been made already. Patch 2 is still on schedule for being released before Xmas.

Until these have gone through a full testing cycle, we don't know what will work and what won't, but you can limit any problems with the following.

1) Do not start a game with an amount of leagues/added players that your machine cannot handle. We would not recommend anyone with 1MB RAM starting a game with more than 20,000 players loaded, nor more than 75,000 players for anyone with 2MB RAM or above at this stage - there still isn't a home computer that can handle running all leagues in the game, and the specs on the back of the box are the minimum specs needed to play the game, not to play the game with everything turned up to maximum.

2) Do not use ANY saved game/real time editors. We'll try and help anyone with a problem, but if you've used a third party tool, we have no idea what they are doing, and we definitely have some cases of corrupt saved games and corrupt memory being caused by these kinds of tools.

3) If you are having these issues, it's worth keeping "task manager" open to check memory usage and play in windowed mode. If you find the game using huge amounts of memory, then minimise the game window, and maximise it again, which seems to "flush" the memory.

4) Managing multiple clubs can have a memory effect, and this is a bug which has been fixed for patch 2 (subject to QA verifying). Thank you to those of you who pointed us in the direction of this, as the info your provided was invaluable in tracking this down.

5) Save the game regularly!

Archived