Northern Irish premier - Team reputation

im linfield in a journeyman save still national but i have high hopes for the CL as i made it to the qual round before the group stage last season

m1234566778 - yea it was hard buying players of quality straight away i took the route of buying young up and coming quality from the continent and it seems to be working, just some advice in case you fancy trying again :)

Checked my rep using FMRTE, it has gone up from about 3200 to 5300. still National rep of course. I'm just hoping it can reach continental in this league.

Iirc Nepenthez won the CL with a Northern Irish team on a couple of occassions, i'm sure his rep would have been continental, at least, after that success.

im linfield in a journeyman save still national but i have high hopes for the CL as i made it to the qual round before the group stage last season

m1234566778 - yea it was hard buying players of quality straight away i took the route of buying young up and coming quality from the continent and it seems to be working, just some advice in case you fancy trying again :)

I'd consider it.

If you made a Linfield thread in Good player/Team guide forum, with info about best players etc, that would be a big help.

Iirc Nepenthez won the CL with a Northern Irish team on a couple of occassions, i'm sure his rep would have been continental, at least, after that success.

He'd be the best man to ask around here, such is his obsession with N.I - likes the challenge, I would imagine.

Well I'm playing in France, and it took winning the CL to get past National reputation. I reach at least the first knock out round every year, won 4 leagues in a row, loads of cups, but stuck at National. Soon as I won the CL we bumped up to Continental.

I'm a Linfield season ticket holder (:D) , if your starting a save as them the way to get better is to wait until the end of the first season when a lot english youngsters are released. Sign them, they will rip up the Irish League. :thup:

Make a Linfield thread. :thup:

I always fancy starting a Linfield save but can never get into it.

"your rep is national because you havent done well enough in Europe to get better than national"

My Linfield team qualified for the Champions League group stage for first time in 2017/18 season (took control in 2015) we have national rep

Which of course is completely untrue.

Which of course is completely untrue.

Which part is completely untrue? Do you mean because you have WON the Champions League, yet still only have a 'National' reputation? Hence making his point void?

well i got bored of my Glentoran save and decided to start a new game in the Northern Irish 1st division with Carrick Rangers. I'm now 10 seasons in and for the last 5 seasons i've ripped the NI Prmeier apart and got pretty far in the champs league in the last couple of seasons, even getting to the semis last season. Rep is still National but i've done NI a favour because we now have 2 teams qualiying for the champs league.

Which part is completely untrue? Do you mean because you have WON the Champions League, yet still only have a 'National' reputation? Hence making his point void?

Yeah, pretty much.

Not only that, but I also won the Super Cup and Club World Championship the following year, making me officially the "best team in the world" - now, I don't know about you, but that should make my reputation higher than national, and yet it was still national.

Yeah, pretty much.

Not only that, but I also won the Super Cup and Club World Championship the following year, making me officially the "best team in the world" - now, I don't know about you, but that should make my reputation higher than national, and yet it was still national.

It is clearly a flaw that SI need to look at altering in FM11.

I don't care if a team is from England, Spain, Northern Ireland or San Marino, if they win the Champions League AND Club World Championship, their reputation should be higher than national.

Indeed, if we looked at it from a real-life perspective, last year's Champions League winners were Barcelona, they are known around the world, so it is a worldwide reputation.

But yes, Barca have the huge history, so let's just say Zenit St. Petersburg. They came out of nowhere, won the UEFA Cup, and now have a continental reputation.

So if they can have that for winning ONE Russian league title EVER, and just the one (minor) European trophy, then surely a team who wins 36 Northern Irish titles and 2 Champions Leagues (or whatever it is :)) should at least have a continental reputation. In real-life they certainly would have.

I think ANY team that wins the Champions League would be well known in our continent.

It is clearly a flaw that SI need to look at altering in FM11.

I don't care if a team is from England, Spain, Northern Ireland or San Marino, if they win the Champions League AND Club World Championship, their reputation should be higher than national.

Indeed, if we looked at it from a real-life perspective, last year's Champions League winners were Barcelona, they are known around the world, so it is a worldwide reputation.

But yes, Barca have the huge history, so let's just say Zenit St. Petersburg. They came out of nowhere, won the UEFA Cup, and now have a continental reputation.

So if they can have that for winning ONE Russian league title EVER, and just the one (minor) European trophy, then surely a team who wins 36 Northern Irish titles and 2 Champions Leagues (or whatever it is :)) should at least have a continental reputation. In real-life they certainly would have.

I think ANY team that wins the Champions League would be well known in our continent.

I'm not entirely sure on the N. Irish titles, but its 3 Champions League titles, thanks :D

i got carrick rangers to continental!!!!! it's June 24th 2020 so not sure if it will reset or not.

in my experience it resets to national when the league is reset :(

won the Europa league with Linfield last night had continental rep till the league rest for the new season, and it dropped back to national.

A fellow Knockbreda fan? Never thought I'd find another one!

Basically got promoted two seasons in a row, though struggling in the top at the moment.

Though I started playing with them back in FM08, truly the greatest team in the world! :D

Not only a fan...

3 Champions League Titles

30somthing consecutive NIP Titles

1 UEFA Cup

Countless other trophies......

I love Knockbreda :D

Oh, and FM08 is the only FM game I've ever played with Knockbreda on :D

Please keep us updated, as I'm currently in the Premier Division with Knockbreda, and would like to know whether I'm stuck at National or not.

im now in april 2021 and still have continental rep. im really can't believe it, although it will prob reset at start of next season.

Love that screenshot...worth 607M but still charging the fans original ticket prices. :D And 593 season ticket holders!

I take it stadium expansion hasn't been broached?

no stadium expansion as of yet im afraid. im surviving on selling players at the mo, keep getting cheap youth, building them up and selling them. if i didnt do that carrick would have gone bust along time ago because i just cant make any cash from a 4500 capacity stadium on a match day.

Amazing work chob. I really am impressed. Do you think you stayed continental perhaps because of your finances? I've never ever managed to get over £100,000,000 in the bank. Also, are you on FM10 there? I play on FM08 :D - So they may have fixed this for FM10

Amazing work chob. I really am impressed. Do you think you stayed continental perhaps because of your finances? I've never ever managed to get over £100,000,000 in the bank. Also, are you on FM10 there? I play on FM08 :D - So they may have fixed this for FM10

Yeah i'm on FM10 mate, it may be possible that it's due to my finances but im also a regular in the knockout rounds of the champions league, usually losing to teams like Milan, Barca and Real Madrid.

It's too easy to sell players on this version as the big clubs come for the not exactly world class players, which is why i buy a lot of youth to sell for ridiculas prices, i'm not complaining though cos thats whats keeping the club going untill i can get a new stadium with more capacity lol.

Archived