30.8.2014 Hired Roy Keane

25.10.2014 Sacked Roy Keane

28.10.2014 Hired Steve Coppell

11.11.2017 Sacked Steve Coppel

11.11.2017 Hired Mike Phelan As Caretaker

12.11.2017 Removed Mike Phelan As Caretaker

17.11.2017 Hire Hugo Sanchez

Current Date 29.6.2018

Haha!!! Keano in charge for less than 2 months!! Suprised he didn't walk out with his pockets stuffed with prawn sandwiches rather than be sacked :D

6.7.2011 - Javier Aguirre

15.12.2018 - Sacked Javier Aguirre

17.12.2018 - Hired Claudio Ranieri

13.7.2019 - Claudio Ranieri retired

16.7.2019 - Hired Hristo Stoichkov

28.2.2021 - Sacked Hristo Stoichkov

2.3.2021 - Hired Roberto Donadoni

Roy Keane is the manager on mine, he regularly comes begging for players after selling Ben Foster apparently Keane's masterplan was to loan my 17 year old for the season for a player who would be a first team player for them, and so far he's played 3 out of 3 lol.

2.7.2012 Alex Ferguson Retired

4.7.2012 Hired Vahid Halilhodzic

10.6.2018 Vahid Halilhodzic Retired

14.6.2018 Hired Mike Phelan

(It should be noted, I haven't got England running)

Edit - Just so you know, Vahid Halilhodzic won the African Cup of Nations & The World Cup with Ivory Coast before taking the job, so he earned it!

Steve Bruce Suceeded Fergie in my game...

He won the treble in his first season, but was sacked after a trophyless second term.

United then uched their way through a series of high profile european managers, winning the UEFA cup with Del Bosque and the Champions League with Matthaius Sammer. An unsuccessful season with Guus Hiddink at the helm forced the Man U Board to return to their roots and hire from their pool of ex pros.

In quick succession, they passed under the stewardship of Mark Hughes, Victor Munoz, Michael Silvestre, and, for an eight month spell: Emile Heskey!

Progression in Europe did little to increase the tenure in the hot seat, with Jaap Stam and Edmund Claus each reaching the Champions League final, but neither extending their stay beyond two years (Mickey Adams filling the period between these two reletavely sucessful managers.

Ferguson's shoes were proving tough to fill, so the Man Utd managerial merrygo round entered hypespeed. With no league title since 2010 with Sammer in charge, the fans were getting impatient.

Kim Kallstrom wa hired and quickly dispatched of (his reign lasting a record six months), before to much fanfare, in may 2024, Wayne Rooney returned to the club. The buzz was kept alive, as Rooney lifted the FA Cup only four days into his reign!

Alas the positive vibe couldnt continue, and after a poor start to the next campaign, club legend Rooney was unceromoniously dispatched of in December.

Would United ever win another championship? Would they finally get some stability in management?

The answer to both was shockingly yes, as Andy Ward stabalsed the club and remained at the helm for five years, putting an end to the supporters seventeen year itch in 2027.

Ward was at the centre of one of the most bizzare incidents of the Red Dvils' history in the postmodern era. Just a week before the 2028 FA Cup final, in which Man Utd were due to compete, Ward resigned his post, dissappointed at the club's failure to repeat the championship challenge of the previous season. Managerless United went on to win the cup, and weeks later, at the board's invitation Ward resumed his post for the season ahead.

Ward's tenure came to ane end the year later - this time not by his own choosing, and a trio of managers McGaw, Lorentzen and Love passed by uneventfully.

Russian Alexandr Yunusov managed the "unique treble" of finishing ar runner up in all three european competitions withou winning any of them during his four year tenure.

Spotting a club on the up, wily old manager Ryan Giggs returned to his old club, following in the footsteps of many of his former teammates.

Unfortunately, following in the footsteps of many of his former teammates, he was sacked in less than a year, to be replaced by Matthew Webb.

Webb I only mention here because he's a player I've signed 5 times in my manegerial career, for a combined sum of almost £100m. Although he crossed the city to spen his final playing days at United, he will always be seen as a City player in the eyes of most.

He didn't do much better and was sacked after less than a year also.

Anyway, If i continue like this, i'll end up describing a seemingly endless series of regens (which I could do for hours, but really isn't the point of the question)...

So Ill fast forward to the present, skipping three more league titles and one champions league, and mention the latest two Man U managers, who really do deserve a mention.

Robert Hopkins, and David Lynch, who between them, over a period of eight years took United from finishing 21st in League Two to the Champions League Final (which they lost), picking up the club's first ever LDV Vans Trphy on the way!

Well done you!

I'm still playing FM05 by the way

Archived