ME is fine then goes jerky??

Hi

Every game I start out with the 3d ME runs smooth until about two miutes in and then starts to become really jerky and unwatchable.

I've madesure nothing is running in the background (using the alacricity program), reduced the effects o the match engine (took off crouds, sounds, sky etc) but it still continues to happed. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on my acer aspire laptop, have 4gb of DDR2 ram, have an AMD Turon 64X2 processor 1.9GHz and a NVidia Geforce 7000M/610M video card with which says it has approx total memory of 1912MB.

I've updated my video drivers via nvidia and my direct x. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly apprectaed as it's almost unbearable to watch. I haven't totally ruled out buying a new laptop but am not sure which would be the best one to get to get the most out of this game.

Thanks in advance

Nathan

It's like my laptop makes a whining, grinding dound all of a sudden, like it's processing something (the hard drive light isn't flashing) then the slow down hits. Like I've said, I've disable whatever background programs I can so I can't see why it would be doing that.

i had this problem. i did what you did, ending sound, rain, crowd etc. trying to reduce the memory requirements. I also play the game at 'normal' speed. I also found certain views are better than others at stopping the jerking. I haven't tried the view in a window thing but shall do. Thanks for the tip.

Now most of the time it's reasonable but it does get very jerky occasionally, either when there's a programme running in the background or during the first 7 minutes of the match.

I don't think there's a magic bullet to resolve this issue: just take out your internet cable, turn off firewall, stop programmes in background, maximise and minimise screen, and play around to minimise memory requirements of the game you're playing.

No, the laptop is plugged in.

It's just another example of poor game development.

I got bored of waiting 10 secs for a player profile to load up, 15 seconds for continue button to work and watching a game that jerked and kept pausing. So I've switched it off.

I might ask for my £30 back.

No, the laptop is plugged in.

It's just another example of poor game development.

I got bored of waiting 10 secs for a player profile to load up, 15 seconds for continue button to work and watching a game that jerked and kept pausing. So I've switched it off.

I might ask for my £30 back.

Just check the temperature regime of your video card and proc. Perhaps you have to disassemle the whole thing and clean it up.

Just check the temperature regime of your video card and proc. Perhaps you have to disassemle the whole thing and clean it up.

It's nothing to do with that.

It's to do with the programming.

It's a disgracefully-designed game, technically.

AS you progress through the seasons, the game - for reasons I don't understand - slows down progressively, continue button becomes less responsive, the screen goes black periodically during games and it says 'football manager not responding' then comes back to life.

I'm sure it's going to crash soon but completely unsure why. Many of these issues affect the game regardless of whether a match is playing - and minimising/maximising the window doesn't help.

It's actually pretty appalling. I can now count four or five reasons why I hate this game. I'm only continuing with it because I want to win the league with newcastle and i'm close to it, as well as in the CL knock-out stages.

Otherwise, I'd box it back up and take it back to the shop for a refund.

It's nothing to do with that.

It's to do with the programming.

It's a disgracefully-designed game, technically.

AS you progress through the seasons, the game - for reasons I don't understand - slows down progressively, continue button becomes less responsive, the screen goes black periodically during games and it says 'football manager not responding' then comes back to life.

I'm sure it's going to crash soon but completely unsure why. Many of these issues affect the game regardless of whether a match is playing - and minimising/maximising the window doesn't help.

It's actually pretty appalling. I can now count four or five reasons why I hate this game. I'm only continuing with it because I want to win the league with newcastle and i'm close to it, as well as in the CL knock-out stages.

Otherwise, I'd box it back up and take it back to the shop for a refund.

Are you sure? Perhaps you just have no idea what you are talking about. If 3D works fine for a minute and then goes jerky - it's not programming (sudden crash is another thing).

All in all FM10 is better programmed and runs faster than FM09.

I have the graphics on medium but with everything unchecked.

Try to put specs to automatic or minimum + clean your laptop - should help.

According to your hardware, the system should be using at least 65-75% of processor and 2,5+ gigs of RAM during the match in 3D so it's pretty harsh for you laptop, especially with dusty cooler.

Are you sure? Perhaps you just have no idea what you are talking about. If 3D works fine for a minute and then goes jerky - it's not programming (sudden crash is another thing).

All in all FM10 is better programmed and runs faster than FM09.

I'm going to stop responding to these troll comments.

The game doesn't work - as the majority will tell you, if you ask them.

What's with all the haters? The game's awesome, despite this fault. In response to Neil, my laptop is always plugged in. It's about two years old and pretty clean. I recently took it apart to replace the power board on the motherboard (had the problem before I took it apart so it's not that) and took the opportunity to clean out the dust and dirt accumulated. Thanks for the advice anyways.

What's with all the haters? The game's awesome, despite this fault. In response to Neil, my laptop is always plugged in. It's about two years old and pretty clean. I recently took it apart to replace the power board on the motherboard (had the problem before I took it apart so it's not that) and took the opportunity to clean out the dust and dirt accumulated. Thanks for the advice anyways.

Sorry to hear that. :( There were some other people having problems with running FM10 3D match on laptops after upgrade to WIN7 (used to work fine in Vista) - check in the tech issues thread.

Hope SI will find the problem.

What's with all the haters? What on Earth are you talking about? No one hates anybody, I'm just hacked off that the game is rubbish.

I'm packed it back in the box and shall get my refund tomorrow.

By season 6, I was waiting 40 secs to load up a profile, the 3d match engine was unwatchable and it took longer to process a day than to play a match in key moments mode.

Life is too short.

And no, that is not 'awesome' you utter plonker. By the way, why not learn to type like an adult rather than a silly kid spouting Americanisms?

What's with all the haters? What on Earth are you talking about? No one hates anybody, I'm just hacked off that the game is rubbish.

By season 6, I was waiting 40 secs to load up a profile, the 3d match engine was unwatchable and it took longer to process a day than to play a match in key moments mode.

Life is too short.

And no, that is not 'awesome' you utter plonker. By the way, why not learn to type like an adult rather than a silly kid spouting Americanisms?

Are you working for EIDOS?

I use the touchline view, which isn't that close but I'll try a couple of others. I currently don't have an antivirus software program installed, I unistalled it to try and improve operation.

You dont need to remove your anti virus software. Just set it up so that it ignores any folders that FM uses.

Life is too short.

Wow someone has some anger issues. I can express myself however I please thank you very much Del Boy.

If you don't like the game, return it like you said and SOD OFF of this forum (there's an english colloquilism for you). My statement that the game is 'awesome' is just as accurate and fair than your personal opinion that it's 'rubbish'. Good luck with your refund. Any open software item usually means you're SOL for getting your money back and I happily hope you are.

Wow someone has some anger issues. I can express myself however I please thank you very much Del Boy.

If you don't like the game, return it like you said and SOD OFF of this forum (there's an english colloquilism for you). My statement that the game is 'awesome' is just as accurate and fair than your personal opinion that it's 'rubbish'. Good luck with your refund. Any open software item usually means you're SOL for getting your money back and I happily hope you are.

Not if it doesn't work. Didnd't I mention that the game DOESN'T BLOODY WORK?

In the words of Rafa, "here's some facts":

*My PC is above min spec

*I have updated everything as advised

*I have tried windowed and not windowed

*I have experimented with various reductions in detail as advised

*For me 3d is still jerky & unwatchable

I will add that I have not tried 10.1.1 yet, and I am loving the game in 2d classic mode, however before you waste too much "gameplaying time" trying to "fix" this problem be aware that it may be unfixable for you. I cant be bothered to debate whether it is the fault of the software, the PC or just an incomaptbility between the 2, but for me this game does not work as it should. I still love it though.

For me, I can not help thinking that SI's response has been very much like the Nursery Rhyme "Soldier Soldier will you marry me" where they give you suggestion after suggestion which (again I add "FOR ME") do not work. My last direct communication from an SI/Sega bod pretty much said "try 10.1.1 and let us know how it goes!". I own 2 guinea pigs, I do not intend to be one!

PS Please Posters, restrain your vitriol or this thread will get closed, though I understand the irritations. And those that think the game is "awesomely perfect" please note that for some the mechanics i refer to above make that statement impossible.

I have a slight judder as the stand view seems to lag following the ball. It seems to stick then suddenly catch up this causes a judder effect.

This only happens in TV view mode and is silky smooth with the other 3D view classic pitch view.

I think there maybe an issue with ball tracking balls in tv view which if your system either borderline or not super beast to compensate is noticeable. Mine nowhere near as bad as yours it is watchable.

I yet to play in a big stadium I remember this judder was indeed bad in the demo when I played in these and was definately un-watchable. I had to use classic view pitch why it makes a diference god knows I would thought with keeping data and match the classic would be jerky. But full screen tv view is the jerkier.

Might sound stupid but do you defrag regularly to keep your machine at optimal performance. As I found I have to keep my machine defraged to play FM now.

In the words of Rafa, "here's some facts":

*My PC is above min spec

*I have updated everything as advised

*I have tried windowed and not windowed

*I have experimented with various reductions in detail as advised

*For me 3d is still jerky & unwatchable

I will add that I have not tried 10.1.1 yet, and I am loving the game in 2d classic mode, however before you waste too much "gameplaying time" trying to "fix" this problem be aware that it may be unfixable for you. I cant be bothered to debate whether it is the fault of the software, the PC or just an incomaptbility between the 2, but for me this game does not work as it should. I still love it though.

For me, I can not help thinking that SI's response has been very much like the Nursery Rhyme "Soldier Soldier will you marry me" where they give you suggestion after suggestion which (again I add "FOR ME") do not work. My last direct communication from an SI/Sega bod pretty much said "try 10.1.1 and let us know how it goes!". I own 2 guinea pigs, I do not intend to be one!

PS Please Posters, restrain your vitriol or this thread will get closed, though I understand the irritations. And those that think the game is "awesomely perfect" please note that for some the mechanics i refer to above make that statement impossible.

No one ever said the game was 'awesomely perfect'. I said I thought it was awesome despite this fault. Like you I'm still more than hapy to lay it and obviously do.

Yes, I just defragged my HD and it didn't help with the gameplay.

Archived