Strikers stopped scoring (player naming)

Last season my stikers were on fire Milevskyi scored 42 in 46, 11 assists and 13 MOM, Vela got 11 goals in 15 games (signed in january) - but this season milevskiy's on 17 in 39 and vela's on 20 in 40 - which although I know isn't bad Milevskyi's form is worrying and I'm not sure what to do about it, as there is no obvious reason for the drop inform..

any suggestions??

Last season my stikers were on fire Milevskyi scored 42 in 46, 11 assists and 13 MOM, Vela got 11 goals in 15 games (signed in january) - but this season milevskiy's on 17 in 39 and vela's on 20 in 40 - which although I know isn't bad Milevskyi's form is worrying and I'm not sure what to do about it, as there is no obvious reason for the drop inform..

any suggestions??

I had the same thing happening. Although, not exactly, but close. Just started my first season ever on fm10, and forlan scored about 20 in the first 18 matches. Then he stopped, some others stepped up, so I didn't underperform, but I took him off anyway. Gave him 4 matches rest. One of 2 things has happened to make sure my strikers started scoring again. Either it was playing aguero as trequarista, next to a midfielder (reyes/maxi) as a deeplying, which maybe confused my opponents. Or it was simply forlan needing a few games rest.

Now when I feel like teams are marking my advanced striker out, I put aguero in AMC as trequarista, it seems like this really keeps the opponents busy. Obviously, I have to put my wingers in AML/R on support roles, in order to prevent a "striker island". Seems like you have to see what opponents are doing, maybe they're marking him out cause he's a threat or sumtin (i think this could happen, no?). If a player is the best in your team, it seems logical to me that he gets extra attention from opponents, since your ass manager also picks out the main trait for next match every week.

I'd say, change it up a bit. I don't think 20 in 40 is any good btw (that is, if he is in FC, AND in a goalscoring role (adv forw, poacher, w/e). Im a total newb when it comes to the transfermarket (i never read forums etc. cause I wanna find my own players), but im guessing miljevsky is good enough for your team. I usually go for a top star in striker position, cause it's the most important position (duh).

Really??..... I didn't think this was possible. The strikers on my game don't seem to be able to stop. I'm in my 3rd season with Newcastle now.

1st season (Championship) Ameobi... yes, you read it right! Ameobi scored me 38 goals in 41 appearances. I put this down more to the fact I was in the Championship & a slightly lower level of football compared to his Premiership performances IRL. But 1st season back in the Premiership (2nd season on game) Ameobi smashed in 20 goals in his first 16 games, including 4 on his first game of season, AWAY against Spurs. I lost 6-4 (Defoe scored a hattrick & so did Keane) which was a bit disappointing.

I am starting to feel this is a tad unrealistic. Strikers scoring, is not really the problem, as that is what they are paid to do, but the quantity each individual striker is baggin' seems a little over the top. It don't really seem to come down to the players attributes either. Think this is maybe something SI should be taking a look at.

I don't think 20 in 40 is any good btw

Your saying a goal every other game isn't acceptable for a striker? I think most strikers and their managers IRL would be more than happy with that.

Its more realistic than players scoring at ratios of two goals every game which seems to be happening an awful lot.

Same here stoner. Zlatan for Barca had 70 goals in 70 games in my first 2 seasons. I play with one striker so everything is pretty much with the view that he will be the end product and a lot of the moves with him on the end of it.

But in my 3 season and in February and I don't know the exact stats but he has gone well off the ball and I could not have forseen it! He was immense and now he's just so average its untrue. He was lethal- when we had a chance I just know he would bury it. Now I know he will more often than not miss the chance.

You could say all sorts of reasons for this but my team has improved over the two season in terms of ability and it just seems a bit werid to be honest! So I have not got any suggestions for you as it is the same for my lone striker! :)

Archived