Favourite Club - None

This is not really an issue, more an observation, but I find a lot of players (real & newgens), who have no favourite club. Honestly, how many professional footballers in the world do not support a football team?! Its nonsense :D

plus how many footballers irl would admit to supporting a different club other than the one they play for. maybe a lower league one but not a good one.

like i bet micael owen still follows liverpool and has a little cheer to himself when they win, but he wouldnt admit it

plus how many footballers irl would admit to supporting a different club other than the one they play for. maybe a lower league one but not a good one.

like i bet micael owen still follows liverpool and has a little cheer to himself when they win, but he wouldnt admit it

I thought is was a well known fact that Owen and Gerrard were both Everton supporters when they were kids.

Players support who they support the same as we support who we support.

This is not really an issue, more an observation, but I find a lot of players (real & newgens), who have no favourite club. Honestly, how many professional footballers in the world do not support a football team?! Its nonsense :D

I'll pose you a different question: how many players are allowed by their club to keep talking about their favourite team when said favourite team isn't their current club? Excepting for when the two teams are playing, very few. Apart from anything, players are supposed to be trained out of loyalty to another club as a youth if through nothing else than professional courtesy to the team who gave them their first start in football (rarely does a player get to join the academy of their favoured team). This makes it hard for the FM researchers to research this info, and it makes it less straight-forward in how the favoured team applies to FM game mechanics.

Anyway favoured clubs is supposed to represent a club the player has either developed a good relationship with through playing (e.g. it was the club that gave them their big break/second chance), their long professed boyhood favourites or a club they have repeatedly mentioned as a future destination.

I thought is was a well known fact that Owen and Gerrard were both Everton supporters when they were kids.

Players support who they support the same as we support who we support.

You forgot Carragher, he was also a die hard Evertonian when he was growing up.

it's true that newgens don't have favorite clubs (besides their own), it would be an interesting little wrinkle to have the occasional liverpool youth player grow up an everton fan.

i don't know what it does with the game mechanics, but it would be a nice cosmetic change.

Archived