Minor Problems That Need Fixing!

Alright, this is just a bit of a moan with, what I think are a few unrealistic problems in the game or things that are just annoying. Hopefully someone at SI will see this and fix them! Anyway here they are.

1. Offside!

Now, I don't know about anyone else but I, personaly, have never seen some get played through at the half way line, run the whole lengh of the pitch and only be given offside when they reach the opposing penalty area. This can be extremely frustrating at times as you think you have a chance or you think the other team are going to score only to be given offside about a minute after the ball was played. It doesn't happen in real life so why does it happen in the game? offsides are almost instant and are either given before the player gets the ball or as the player touches the ball.

2. Goal Keepers Not Being Fit

I understand that a goalkeeper may need first team practise to help his confidence, especially if he is young and hasn't really featured in the first team but one thing a goalkeeper should never be is "severly lacking match fitness", goalkeepers do nothing different in training than they do in a real match, they stand between the posts and have balls kicked at them for a living, they never need to be match fit just in shape!

3. Nearest Player

I'm pretty sure everyone who veiws the games in 3D will have noticed this happen a few times. Why, sometimes, do players who are further away from a loose ball run 30 yards to get it when theres some stood right next to it?

For example, I was playing Hull and one of their strikers decided to shoot from about 40 yards out, it deflected and was rolling slowly towards the bottom right hand corner of my net, easy take for the goalkeeper right? Wrong, he stood in the middle of the net a just watched the ball rolling towards the goal, my center back had to sprint back 30 yards to clear it off the line before it went in. And thats not the only time things like this have happened, when there's a loose ball in the middle of the field i've had my right back sprint over to get it when i've got 2 center mids staring at it! I've also had it happen with defenders leaving the ball for someone miles away from it, usually resulting in a goal conceded because my 2 center backs decided to leave the ball and allow an opposing striker to pick up the ball.

Anyway thats my only gripe i've got with the game at the minute. I'm sure there was one more thing but it's slipped my mind for now, I'll come back and update my entry when I remember it!

Overall the game is fantastic and by far my favorite waste of time but please can the mistakes be fixed or an explanation be given as to why they will stay in the game. Thanks for reading and please feel free to add anything you may have picked up on while playing your game.

I agree with points 1 and 3. I have experienced both of these many many times.

It's especially frustrating when you're pounding their goal trying to get a goal and it just won't come, then finally your striker sticks the ball in the back of the net, and runs off to celebrate, you sit there and start celebrating too, arms in the air, cheering, and suddenly the offside flag comes up...

Many times I have had players stood within 5 yards of the ball and they just stand and stare at it...they don't even attempt to get it...then suddenly an opponent sprints in and steals it, runs forward, shoots and scores...

Point 2 I disagree with, it's tougher being a goalkeeper than you think :p Although clearly they should take longer to lose match fitness. I don't know if they do already, but I Think they lose it at the same pace as outfield players.

Point 1 does actually happen, in fact I was listening to a game on 5Live last night where that occured and the commentator wondered what the point was waiting that long to flag offside. I suppose it's because the play is not interfering with play till he touches the ball it's still stupid but it happens.

Point 1 does actually happen, in fact I was listening to a game on 5Live last night where that occured and the commentator wondered what the point was waiting that long to flag offside. I suppose it's because the play is not interfering with play till he touches the ball it's still stupid but it happens.

Yes, I understand that but I mean when one of your midfielders plays the ball to the feet of your striker on the half way line, then he runs 40 yards with the ball at his feet, then once he gets in the box, just before he shoots the flag goes up for offside. Now thats either down to very poor officals or an unrealistic bug in the game that is intended to make the matches more exciting.

Yes, I understand that but I mean when one of your midfielders plays the ball to the feet of your striker on the half way line, then he runs 40 yards with the ball at his feet, then once he gets in the box, just before he shoots the flag goes up for offside. Now thats either down to very poor officals or an unrealistic bug in the game that is intended to make the matches more exciting.

Fair point and possibly both going by some officiating I've seen ;)

Archived