1 very quick question

So if I do not want pacth 10.1.1 in a new game say I want 10.0.0 I do not have a choice I have to go with 10.1.1?

If you dont want to use 10.1.1 then why install it in the first place? That patch was designed to fix the problems with crash dumps that people were having so if you dont have the problem then I dont think its 100% needed so you could probably wait for the 10.2 patch which should be available before the end of the month.

ive got the same problem, everytime that i start a new game, even though i have made a databsae of my own on editor, and i have both patches, it doesnt come up with which database i would like to use, any tips?

When you start a new game you have to tick the change box before your taken to another screen where you can select the files you've created thats obviously assuming you've saved them in the right place which should be program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010\editor data

10.1.1 or 10.1.0 don't come with a database. Try to understand. Like they said, fm09 patches came with new databases and only 10.2 will have that when it comes out. Then you will be able to chose something. I hope this made it clear for u.

10.1.1 or 10.1.0 don't come with a database. Try to understand. Like they said, fm09 patches came with new databases and only 10.2 will have that when it comes out.

Actually I dont think that 10.2 will contain an updated database since this patch is due before the end of the month. Normally they wait until the January transfer window has closed before release a patch that contains a database update so we'll have to wait for that patch.

Its impossible to change patches ffs like we've said. Your confusing patches with updated databases included with the patches that need them.

eg: the next patch will change Portsmouths manager from Paul Hart to Avram Grant.

whereas the final patch after the january transfer window will come with an updated database accurate to the teams after that transfer window.

So I have to wait a long time before I can choose patchs?

No. That's not what we're saying here. You never did choose PATCHES. Not in FM09. Not in FM08. Not in FM07. etc etc etc. You were choosing DATABASES. It just so happened that with those games, when the game was patched they added a database edit. Even if you chose to stick with the 8.0.0 database in FM08 or whatever, you still had all the bugfixes and code changes from the patch applied whether you liked it or not.

FM10 has not had a database change yet. Therefore, there is only one database to choose from. When FM releases a patch with a database edit, you will have a choice.

Archived