Sorry S.I., but i will not be buying FM2011

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel the game's a disaster; in many areas, FM10 is the best yet. However, repeated issues with regens every single game is what's putting me off FM11 at the moment. There's just no point in starting a long-term game anymore.

Not really, the forum will always make it look like there are loads of problems because those without problems don't post them ;)

Basically that^^^^^^^

I'm personally getting sick of people attention seeking and making one thread each for their 'problems' which usually entail them just being crap at the game and not being able to take it.

after playing on fm10 and seeing its huge bugs and faults, i will not be buying the next version.

The Forum on here is really summing up what a total disaster this game is.

How many others out there feel the same?

Personally I feel this version is a great improvement on the last and am eagerly awaiting next years version whilst thoroughly enjoying FM2010. As lurkingwithintent has already intimated the forums will always make it look as if things are bad as, well, people like to complain and these forums are rife with it.

The issue of regens is an ongoing issue but mainly because one year people point out one thing, so SI try to address it and this then has a different knock-on affect elsewhere for regens. Same goes with ME issues, as with any changes it always has a knock-on affect. It'll never be perfect, no game out there is.

after playing on fm10 and seeing its huge bugs and faults, i will not be buying the next version.

im unhappy with the game but i will certainly buy fm11

How are SI going to fix these "huge bugs and faults" if your not telling them what they are. If everyone said what you said, the game wouldn't improve at all, which i think it has improved in some areas since 09.

just look at the forum posts, they are everywhere.

Worst place to come is to a forum based on a game because its where all the people who have problems will post them. All the moaners come while the people who are enjoying the game will be playing it.

Best example is with the Playstation 3. I'm a member of the Official Playstation Forums and I've been there about 3 years now, since the PS3 was released the forum has been flooded with people saying games have broke their PS3, that its stopped reading discs, that its got the Yellow light of death (Anyone who saw the Watchdog report will know what I mean) but the failure rate is only 1%, you wouldn't think it because anyone who has the problem posts so it seems more than it is.

I dont agree everything with OP but some things I do.

To be honest it is shoddy of modern industry not to haves solved errors which was in previous versions.

To be honest its up to individuals I wont slag people off for deciding to miss a year I missed last year down to DRM.

The thing is THIS GAME now become Too complex for it to be annual and SI needs much longer to bring it upto standards.

I propose SI must make a operational Decision Yes they need money so what my proposal is this.

We have a new version Every 2 years brand spanking new but in between we get A big update with couple new features to keep people happy Which can be bought online or in shops which installs onto the previous version and turns the version to current season.

They will have to split workers from working with the update interim to those who work on the 2 yearly main game.

This means new games have much longer testing and never feel rushed and Si still get income streams to fund the whole project when the update comes

I don't feel the game's a disaster; in many areas, FM10 is the best yet. However, repeated issues with regens every single game is what's putting me off FM11 at the moment. There's just no point in starting a long-term game anymore.

This post sums it up.

Still an awesome game, but is frustrating that this problem is still here.

Of course it isn't fixed easily, but you would hope so after all this time.

Did you try and get help for the bugs and faults? Or are you just not playing it correctly?

I have played every game of CM/Fm when it has come out (and have the copies to prove it - if my brother hasnt lost any of them!!!) and will be getting FM2011 because of brand loyalty and I thank Si for bringing these games out year on year because it is a tough job. I stuck with Si after the split because they only lost the name so had the least work to do. I agree with some people that say some of the games aren't as good as others but thats life and it happens with all things - the old Karate Kid will be miles better than the new one they are making, I personally think Street Fighter 4 is better than the old Street Fighter 2 I had when I was a boy (even thought I was addicted to that)

You make the game what it is and I immerse myself in it to get the most enjoyment out of every situation.

There are threads like this every year. Each version someone says this is version is just not good enough.

In reality there are no more bugs and issues than any other version. Calling it a disaster is a complete overreaction.

There will always be bugs in every version, the game is complicated and it can be played in so many ways.

Also have to remember the people having problems are the ones making threads. The people happy with the game aren't posting all the time saying how great the game is.

This has been the best football manager yet, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you prefer the older versions stick to them but don't come on here telling everyone you will not be buying the next one because you know you probably will do. I'm sorry if thats harsh but I didn't realise you were that important we had to care whether or not you will be buying the next issue of the game.

Me. I've played this game in its various iterations since 1994 and this version is one of the biggest disappointments I've come across. I can't get extra files to load, it was as slow as hell, and having to play through steam all the time is a nightmare.

Game was uninstalled this morning.

and yet you're on here this afternoon still moaning.i'm suprised the makers of this game are eveb thinking about making another game with the amount of abuse they get.try champ manager and you'll soon know what a crud game is....

Me. I've played this game in its various iterations since 1994 and this version is one of the biggest disappointments I've come across. I can't get extra files to load, it was as slow as hell, and having to play through steam all the time is a nightmare.

Game was uninstalled this morning.

and yet you're on here this afternoon still moaning.i'm suprised the makers of this game are eveb thinking about making another game with the amount of abuse they get.try champ manager and you'll soon know what a crud game is....

They have thicker skins than that, they'd had worse thrown at them in the past and kept going.

Happens every year.

GD is generally filled with repetitive complaint threads after a new FM release until the spring; when all the complaints have either been addressed with patches, or the unhappy minority have simply run out of things to complain about.

The unhappy minority will always be the loudest, the satisfied majority remain silent.

Can someone please tell me what the issue with the regens is?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=172218

This thread goes into great detail, but in a nutshell, there aren't enough good-but-not-great players in the game about 10-15 years in. You can still get the very top players, the equivalent of Torres or Messi for example, but there aren't enough players at the level of Tottenham, Villa or Everton are IRL.

That, combined with top clubs not having reserve teams and refusing to loan their under-18s makes lower league management very difficult and unrealistic. And younger players' mental attributes are generally very poor, there's virtually no chance of having a player like Fabregas or Scholes, whose mental attributes have been great from a young age.

This thread goes into great detail, but in a nutshell, there aren't enough good-but-not-great players in the game about 10-15 years in. You can still get the very top players, the equivalent of Torres or Messi for example, but there aren't enough players at the level of Tottenham, Villa or Everton are IRL.

That, combined with top clubs not having reserve teams and refusing to loan their under-18s makes lower league management very difficult and unrealistic. And younger players' mental attributes are generally very poor, there's virtually no chance of having a player like Fabregas or Scholes, whose mental attributes have been great from a young age.

Oh right, cant say i've noticed that as I haven't bothered getting into a proper career yet because of the 'players histories disappearing' bug.

this makes long term games unplayable, therefore a bad game overall

Not unplayable by any means. Why do half-wits constantly throw this hyperbolic term about to try and add some impact to a weak and unjustified point? :rolleyes:

'09 was very very "playable" and fun in the future - still lots of good players, and a very level playing field. As in reality, there are spells of fewer great players, followed by spells with lots of them. So far '10 is looking even better - less random in the stats allocation and actually some decent GKs!

How many others feel the same? Not me.

Turn the lights off on your way out :D

Basically that^^^^^^^

I'm personally getting sick of people attention seeking and making one thread each for their 'problems' which usually entail them just being crap at the game and not being able to take it.

Would you like to come and play the game on my system? When it crash dumps every hour?

The game is pathetic, i have lost one game against manchester united in 4 seasons which was in the carling cup so if you'd like to tell me why i am not good enough because i am complaining about my game not working then please be my guest. Idiot

Not unplayable by any means. Why do half-wits constantly throw this hyperbolic term about to try and add some impact to a weak and unjustified point? :rolleyes:

Can't help but agree with you Hershie. :thup:

This whole thread is typical really. Nothing of substance in the opening post. Just the usual nonsense.

Constructive threads are fine. I enjoy reading threads where issues with the game are well explained and well thought out. It's just emotional threads like this which have little or no substance. They are just an excuse for people to throw about terms like 'unplayable' and 'bugged' etc. What a load of rubbish! :rolleyes:

Some people just seem to want the game to fail. It's pathetic. :thdn:

C.

(@ TOPBUZZ)

They aren't though. Those at good clubs, and those nurtured properly will become good. Others will become good but not at such a young age maybe. Others won't make it at the highest level if they aren't nutured properly, as well as other factors such as their personality, determination etc.

Actually play the game instead of whinging about it, and then make a judgement rather than embarrassing yourself now. It'd be unrealistic in 2/3 years to have more than a couple of players in the world coming through who could be world class, but 10/20 years in the future there'll be a whole new load of top players, as well as lots of very good players, and of course the not so good players.

It's not a guarantee that there'll be top players coming through all the time - as it's not in reality.

The game isn't unplayable, it isn't a disaster, and only those with problems start threads. There'd be nothing like as many threads if all the 'I won't buy FM11' type threads and 'problem x y z' type threads were thrown together, as the number of threads started which say exactly the same thing make things look worse than they are. Yes there are problems but it's not as bad as people make out. Was there really a need for yet another thread saying someone won't buy the game? Not really.

Would you like to come and play the game on my system? When it crash dumps every hour?

The game is pathetic, i have lost one game against manchester united in 4 seasons which was in the carling cup so if you'd like to tell me why i am not good enough because i am complaining about my game not working then please be my guest. Idiot

Your system probably isn't good enough. Have you listened to any of the advice given to you and others about what may be causing the crashes and what you can do to fix them?

It's like talking to a brick wall around here. :rolleyes:

Oh, and type properly and cut the insults.

can't help but agree with you hershie. :thup:

This whole thread is typical really. Nothing of substance in the opening post. Just the usual nonsense.

Constructive threads are fine. I enjoy reading threads where issues with the game are well explained and well thought out. It's just emotional threads like this which have little or no substance. They are just an excuse for people to throw about terms like 'unplayable' and 'bugged' etc. What a load of rubbish! :rolleyes:

Some people just seem to want the game to fail. It's pathetic. :thdn:

C.

fanboy. ;)

But yeah. I'm all for constructive criticism - lots of good points come across. Sadly they got lost, ignored and devalued due to the majority of criticism taking such a cretinoid form.

Here is my new rule for buying future FM releases...

I will now wait until the 3rd patch is released before purchasing.

My reason to do this is fairly obvious, as I play the game in a career type way. I start at a small club and work my way up. I started a game on FM09 after the 3rd patch and stayed at the same club for 12 seasons. This save was by far my most enjoyable in quite a few years. (I have been playing the series since the very first CM was released) FM10 was then released and I like a dumbo deleted FM09 after reading so much hype about this version being the best ever, most stable one yet.

I wont be fooled again, I will buy the game however but not until patch 3. Thanks to SI for fixing their product each time eventually. Kind of...I'm still not happy about you not releasing a quick fix for the FM09 co-ownership bug.

fanboy. ;)

I know you're joking but I hate that term. Why do some people have to be labelled as fanboys?

I'm not a fan of anything, apart from the mighty Saints of course. ;) I guess I'm also a fan of Football Manager. However, I'll be critical of the game if I need to be, as I was last year with aspects that I didn't enjoy in FM09. But I'd like to think that my criticism will always be constructive.

To be fair to SI, I was contacted personally by someone from their company last year after suggesting that I was disillusioned by the game on the forums. That's the kind of company they are in my view and I can see that they have tried to take on board a lot of the comments I made last year in the new game. So I do get a little sick of reading some of the nonsense people come out with. I genuinely believe that SI are trying to make the best game that they can and they will be working their backsides off at the moment trying to get a patch to us before Christmas. Furthermore, there are always people from SI here, interacting with the community, trying to improve the game. If people give feedback and ask for help in the right way, they will get the help that they need.

But yeah. I'm all for constructive criticism - lots of good points come across. Sadly they got lost, ignored and devalued due to the majority of criticism taking such a cretinoid form.

Exactly right. :thup:

C.

I hate the term too - felt it the best way to add to the list of cliched hyperbolic terms of little substance. :D

SI are very good with their customers - I can't see how people see it any other way. There seems to be little denial of issues, nor refusal to help anyone with their problems, yet some seem to claim such. I have to commend them for actually being willing to be so helpful after all the unjustified sh*t that gets thrown in their direction. The CM forums are a joke in comparison, for example - they slate you for any criticism at all, or any suggestions to correct/improve data.

well said mate

Not really, the forum will always make it look like there are loads of problems because those without problems don't post them ;)

Same everywhere isn't it:) Those that enjoy the game are too busy playing to post.

Your choice. So FM2011

100's of thousands sold - you + new buyers = another big increase in sales

You'll be missed:)

Archived