Do you leave assistant in charge of pre season friendlies?

Maybe it works for you but I find it can destroy the harmony. I hope this is fixed in the next patch as it can spoil the fun. Many of us don't like playing friendlies but know we need them for fitness.

Do you play all the games including the friendlies?

The ability of even the best Asst to struggle against teams you know you should beat comprehensively is astounding! :D They seem to never want to go on the attack, so you can be 10-0 up at HT, go on holiday, and it'll finish 10-0!

Arsenal drawing with Borehamwood for example. Bad example actually, seeing as that's actually happened - and I was there. :p

I even left the "assistant" in charge when my team didn't even have one. Not quite sure how that work but it did. My team lost big against way better teams, won or drew with similar teams and won against worse teams. It may even have worked better than if there was an assistant, he might've fined or warned someone for poor performance in the games against a way better teams.

I found that in FM2010 my Ass Man actually does a better job than me (with all the tactic changing during the game) and since he is more successful I let him even do the league matches against smaller teams against which I would draw anyway after leading 3-0. And please no discussion on why would one leave the Ass Man in charge, it's my game, I play it the way I want.

I always leave the friendlies in the hands of the assistant manager. I did notice on FM10 that the squad harmony got disrupted but that was because I didnt set the assistant to give team talks so they were playing the games with no team talks, changed that and havent found it to be a problem.

I always take control as we cant set ground rules like first 11 first 45 mins so they get time to gell.

I even take reserve games as I just think there not enough control. We cant tell him to drag of this player at half time if he playing well with an eye to giving a first team birth.

I think needs to be more interaction before I let him loose yet.

Archived