How much PA for each half/full star

I am thinking because there are 20 half stars (5 stars and 5 minor "blue" stars). Then each half star relates to 10 PA.

So:

5 stars = 200 PA

4.5 = 190

4 = 180

3.5 = 170

3 = 160

What do people think?

3 stars is often described as "leading" player so I think this is right.

But Thierry Henry is only 3 stars!

All depends on how he compares to the other players in your squad and other players in the league overall, then how good the ass man/scouts are.

Using Henry as an example, for Barcelona he's only 3 star but if you put him in a Championship side then he'd probably be 5 star, doesn't mean his CA or PA have changed at all, just that he's far better than anyone else in the squad/league.

Will also depend on how the players stats are spread out to start with. For example, you could have two strikers with a CA of 170 and PA of 180, one could be rated 4.5 star and the other 3.5 star because his stats better suit the position.

Assuming they are JPP and JPA 20 and the team is a top team?

I have found that top sides cant get 5 star rated players, for example playing is Man United players like Messi are 4 stars. I dont really think it is directly linked to PA, more the attributes in key areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Stars do play a part, as do player stats. You should assess both before signing a player. It takes a little bit of understanding to see how the star system works.

For example... if you're managing a world-class team...

If you have a 30 year old DC with a CA and PA of 180. World class centrehalf, best there is. Rating is 4.5 stars for his CA.

If you find an 18 year old DC with a CA of 120 and a PA of 180, you might expect his Potential Star Rating to be 4.5 too. But it's not. The most you'll see is 3 stars.

Oddly enough, when this player reaches his PA, the max of his CA, he'll reach the 4.5 stars.

It's difficult to sign players based on stars alone unless you know what they represent. You might think the 3 star Scout rating means he's not good enough, but it's simply comparing him to what you already have. It's all down to the way the game judges how good he can be. It can't see his PA value, so it bases it's assessment of him by other means.

Archived