Windows 7 and 64 Bit

Was just wondering how people are finding FM10 on Windows 7? Any problems or speed differences? Also I know 64 bit is not offically supported but will FM10 work on Windows 7 64 bit?

I'm currently enduring the hell that is Vista and I am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 but wouldnt want to spend £60ish to only find FM10 dont work or is impaired...

Windows 7 works just fine with the game although I'm only using the 32bit version. One word of advice though. Check to see if your graphics card manufacturer has windows 7 drivers and install them. I had some graphical glitches that weren't fixed until I installed the windows7 drivers for my card.

No difference, other then FM is 32 bit application and will only recognize and utilize up to 4 GB of ram. I have 12 GB and game still thinks that i have only 4 GB.

According to the SI staff having that amount of ram (12gb) on your computer is pointless because the game wont recognise and use that amount because its only a 32bit application.

whats the fix??

Well, once again.

32-bit Windows can handle/recognize/... at most 4 GB total memory theoretically, actually somewhat over 3 GB. With some tweaking, this amount can be raised.

However, memory amout allowed to single process on 32-bit Windows', for example fm.exe, is 2 GB and with some tweaking it can be raised to 3 GB. Either of these tweaks are not recommended.

So if we want Football Manager to use more than 2 GB memory, we need to divide it into 2 processes or use 64-bit Windows.

works fine on my win7 64 system. but don't worry about the 'star' rating windows 7 now gives for games as for fm it isnt correct. (like my spelling). but saying that i havnt played it for 3-4 weeks as waiting for patch to fix the match engine bugs that really annoy me from enjoying the game. But thats just me wanting everything perfect.

Archived