Why?

First, i want to say that i am not losing due to issues that i am mentioning bellow, but rather pointing out some things that are really unnecessary and are slowly killing desire for game.But, these are things that i am noticing in last couple of editions and are really taking fun out of it:

- Hard tackling : 90% of match AI is on hard tackling(in FM 10 and FM 09). Doesn't matter if they are winning , losing , am i favorite or they are, friendly game or not...it's always hard tackling.(sigh) And they are getting away with it.:thdn:With some rare exception when they get yellow cards,nothing happens. If my players tackle little more aggressively then normal, they end up with flurry of yellows.

"Naturally" your players will miss those hard tackles , but AI will win or commit some hard foul (again no yellow). Heck, AI defenders can hard tackle faster attacker even when they are chasing him from behind and he is clear to the goal and way ahead of them.:confused:Not to mention that AI tries to injure player that they designated as potentially crucial.I had game with 3 players getting injured that way, and they all are not injury prone players whatsoever.All i could have done was watch them getting completely beaten up.

- Last man fouls : numerous times , human player gets fouled by last defender, lot of times even after he past him, but other then foul..no red or anything similar. If you are lucky they will get yellow, but most of the time nothing.
- Offsides : I am in line with last defender..offside , sometimes even not even in line. AI in line or even behind...no offside.
- Blending : Absolutely and completely random, lot of times without no reasoning, not to say ridiculous. I have players that came from youth development, and they are in club for like 10+ years(pro's for last 4) and they are struggling to blend into team?:confused: I tested by reloading same matches and every time is someone different that doesn't blend in. In same match! And no, there are only 2 players that were bought in whole team, so it's not new players thing.Before anyone say something, i do pay attention to personalities in team and match them.Player that is in form of his life will all of sudden play like doorknob, because mysteriously is "struggling to blend with the team that match ".After he scored in last 5 matches...yeah right.

This is something that is really bother me quite a bit. I am not losing,but actually winning. This season with Sunderland(second one), with fairly mediocre team, i won first 20 matches (EPL, CL and LC) and opposition scored only 3 goals in total.First season i was 4th with most scored goals and best defense.That said , i am not whining because of "my tactics" and such.

I do really like and enjoy FM , it's my favorite game for decade or so now,but it's really killing my desire to even try watching matches, when i know exactly what will happen with AI approach.Specially i am literally sick of the hard tackling issue.It's just way to rampant.Fix it or make it to be on equal terms for human and AI alike.

thats a fair point, maybe they just want to make it more of a challenge for us humans :p

SI is keep saying that there are no handicaps in game for human player. And game itself is not that unpredictable. Almost all AI teams are trying to exploit through middle, with hard tackling, high closing, forward runs for everyone (except GK) and super high defensive line(equal to the midfield line somehow).Occasionally they will try to Overload. It doesn't take a genius to beat that, if odds are equal when it comes to tackling success, for example.

My player can't receive ball without AI player being already on his back lot of times. I would love if someone can explain me how to do that with my players with success rate of 80+% (as AI has), considering that closing down is broken.

However ,i am keep ending up with games where AI has 20+ fouls and 0 or 1 yellow and i have 5-7 fouls and 2-3 yellows and about equal tackling percentage.I actually had to replay match, because game CTD towards the end and same referee that in first match was handing over yellow cards for any tackle, barely gave away couple yellows in repeated match for same type of tackles.That shows me that referee statistics are useless and it's yet another pure randomization.

And in one game i had to replace 3 defensive playmakers , because AI was keep getting them thumped and injuring them.That's not random occurrence.

Something there is not quite right.There is just to many things that are happening in matches that favor AI that someone can say that there is no handicaps or something similar.

My defender (Stepanov) today tackled there striker, and it was obvious he would go on and at least have decent shot on target, but no red card not even a yellow! Sorry, but irl it would of been a yellow at least. I kind of felt guilty because we were 1-0 down at the time and won 2-1 with both goals in injury time (we probably would of lost if Stepanov got sent off)

Archived