Manager Realationships

I don't think it does. I've only ever seen 'feels the two of you could become friends', 'is indifferent towards you' and 'has a fairly poor opinion of you'.

I'd love to see "can't stand the sight of you" and "wants to have your babies" or something to that effect. Some managers just can't stand each other in RL (Clough and Revie :D ) and some are good friends (Fergie and anyone he says will be his successor :p ). The game could reflect that.

It does go past these. I've seen 'feels he has a good relationship with you'.

I've seen this before too.

You have to nurture your relationships.

It's all well and good telling the press about your respect for another manager, but if that manager enquires about one of your players and you cry "hands off", your relationship with that manager will suffer.

If you really don't want to sell the player in question, just say "you'll only sell for the right price" instead, and then go to the player's "Transfer Status" page and set his asking price to a suitably ludicrous and off-putting figure.

Even go as far as selling certain players "on the cheap" to managers you want to befriend, stating your good relationship as the reason you accepted the bid. They'll do the same for you.

I just got John Obi Mikel (age 29ish) for £4.4m because I'm friends with the Chelsea manager - he said our friendship was the reason he accepted my bid in the bid-acceptance inbox item.

It's all well and good telling the press about your respect for another manager, but if that manager enquires about one of your players and you cry "hands off", your relationship with that manager will suffer.

This explains why everybody hates me ;)

Archived