Minimum Wage too high?

I just started a game in the Dutch League with Feyenoord and had a bid accepted for a young Brazilian right back (David of Palmeiras) only to find that the minimum wage I have to pay him as a 'hot prospect' is 195,000 euros per year! This is way too high by my reckoning. In the Wage section of the Finance screen I see that I'm allowed to pay a minimum of 9000 euros per year to the player type 'hot prospect', so why is it that I have to pay this Brazilian kid so much? Is this some new law in football?

No no...

I'm talking about young Brazlian players with zero reputation who are extremely interested in joining the club. In previous games I could get these kids on 15,000 to 30,000 euro/yr contracts. Why in this game is the min wage so high? And this is true for all foreign (non-EU?) players it seems. Even if I want to sign a foreign player as a 'decent player' or 'backup' or 'squad rotation' the minimum wage is much higher than what it says on my Wage section in the Finances screen.

On the other hand young Dutch players (slightly interested ones) I can get with 25,000 euro/yr contracts. Which is just as it used to be in previous games.

Off the top of my head, isn't there a requirement in Dutch football that you HAVE to pay foreign imports above a certain minimum limit in order to encourage teams to pick up and develop young local talent? Seem to recall reading about it, admittedly years ago.

Archived