Economics of Synthetic Pitches

Does anyone have any idea how having a synthetic pitch affects running costs in the game? Now that Gloucester City are finally playable in the game for the first time ever I'm taking them on, but fixing their ground situation (to esnure the game doesn't just blithely leave them in Cirencester for ever!) and wondering whether giving them a synthetic pitch might be a useful investment?

I wasn't aware you could choose what type of pitch, or that you could directly fix their ground situation?

From real life scenarios generally, real grass = less injuries but higher costs (relaying, ground care etc) whereas synthetic presumably has lower costs, is less susceptable to weather but have a reputation for causing more sever injuries.

From real life scenarios generally, real grass = less injuries but higher costs (relaying, ground care etc) whereas synthetic presumably has lower costs, is less susceptable to weather but have a reputation for causing more sever injuries.

That's what I understand the reality to be, was just wondering whether the game in any way reflects it.

synthetic pitch's are not allowed in the Blue Square leagues as far as i'm aware, the reason why Durham City have fallen part.

I saw that mentioned in one of the earlier threads, but equally there are threads where teams higher up the league pyramid have had them installed in the game, so if it allows that it might well ignore the rule in the Blue Square

All depends on what is meant by Synthetic pitch. Most pitches have plastic grass injected into real grass turfs to make the root system stronger and therefor the pitch is less likely to cut up in bad wather. This is FIFA approved and has to be tested each year for the FIFA cert to renewed.

Average cost for one of these pitches is £300,000.

Archived