Boardroom Takeovers

i'm currently in my 5th season, have won 4 League titles and Fa Cups, 2 European Cups and Arsenal have grown in stature because of my leadership skills according to the board. I'm now second after Real Madrid in wealth, brought in some amazing youngsters and everything looks on the up. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a consortium of business men leaded by an ex footballer want to take over the club and i've been told that if they succeed, i will be replaced by my assistant manager who not more then 3 weeks ago, expressed interest in some man city post.

Has this happened to anyone out there and will this really happen? I suddenly have no interest in my save game anymore, i've read plenty of stories here about managers jumping to a rival and becoming a hated figure in his former club but how is this even remotely realistic? Why would the consortium want to replace me with an assistant manager who has shown no sense of loyalty whatsoever? Is there anyway i can alter the decision? Its really a huge let down because the club has got alot of huge potential and i really wanted to play my save game until i see them coming through the ranks only to be told that i'm not needed anymore, what a load of bull :mad:

I had the same issue, but with NY red Bull in the MLS. Eventually they took over and said we are reviewing your job and slapped a transfer embargo on me. 2 weeks later I was in the MLS final and they told me "Yeah, we are sticking with you"

Archived