a few things i like from fm 10 but is this realistic?

i'm managing valenciennes in ligue 1. one observation is the way the transfer funds are controlled. by january i had already bought hernanes, adriano (the powerhouse one), fred, mandzukic, krivets, kakuta.

i bought these players by staggering the installments over 48 months. overall i probably spent £25 million but i've only ever had about £12m to spend. i obviously like being able to afford quality but this doesn't seem likely. also my balance doesn't seem to decrease each month. i think the sky is the limit as i will be able to keep bringing star names and spending above and beyond what valenciennes would normally be able to do.

a criticism of mine of previous versions was that i felt maybe not enough spending power existed but surely this is over the top. i have £3m left of my budget and i could probably buy a player for £8m if i staggered it over 48 months.

valenciennes forever

In my first season in Ligue 1 I ended up spending about £56m (using the 48 month transfers), my initial transfer budget was only about £3m (I sold £7m worth, and I seem to remember having my budget bumped up a little mid season). Fortunately I made Champions League in the first season, so could afford the spending happily.

Its the risky, but fast, route to success.

Archived