Excessive Club Poaching

In FM 2009, Clubs would never buy youngsters, in FM 10 however like many of SI's new "features" they made it much too excessive. The big issue I have with this poaching is the heavy reprecussions in the lack of homegrown players in squads. Let's take a look at traditionally clubs with a very strong academy tradition.

Ajax- three dutch players, the best part... NONE OF THEM WERE PRODUCED FROM AJAX!

AFCAjax.png

pSV(no screenie)- I didnt know Mexicans counted as HG players(8 mexicans as opposed to 4 dutch)

Bayern Munchen- 2 germans in first 11

FCBayernMnchen.png

Sporting CP- 2 Portuguese players in the whole squad

SportingClubedePortugal-SAD-1.png

Lets take a look at the domestic player bias in the playable leagues that are loaded(Numbers to the right will be Crouchdinho's save, with no retain player file)

England-48%- 54%

France-46%

Italy- 44%- 57%

Germany 66%- Large number of German Turks which drive it up

Holland-50%

Portugal- 68%-Poaching from Brazilian clubs is only reason I have

Russia-54%

Spain-47%- 54%

My conclusions

1:Along with the domestic bias% being inflated(There is no Portuguese or German squad with more than 7 German/Portuguese players). The number is still too low, even in this increasingly globalized world

2:The Retain player makes things even worse, while some countries desperatly need the retain player file(Canada,Montenegro, Macedonia etc). I don't think it's worth the tradeoff with too many foreigners invading your playable leagues.

3: With current regulations. In the 2030's if your club is in the champions league. You would probably face Porto's U-19 squad since they have hardly any HG players

4: This makes some national teams very poor. Portugal's for example in my game is absolutely terrible, although it could be because Ronaldo is managing them:D

Would like the communities thoughts

It's more the poaching of non-playing staff like coaches etc getting stolen even tho they have a few years left on there contract is infuriates me. IRL lots of youngsters end up getting poached all over the world but it seems much more rare that coaches and scouts get pinched but in FM coaches get pinched far too regular for my liking

I guess I should have changed the title. The problem with the poaching is that these clubs buy players at 16-17 when they havent even played a game in their domestic league. They become home grown at the expense of a young player from the clubs country who ends up rotting in the reserves.

posted in bugs forum

Quite surprising reading tbh, especially given that in the examples you've provided most of those clubs are known for developing their own players, as well as having a large % of home-grown players in their squads. The CSKA one in particular is ridiculous :D

Archived