Keeper on the bench?

Just asking whether anybody has a GK on their subs bench. With 5 subs i could never find room for one even if i wanted to, and with seven i often couldn't fit on in.

But even if i could i wouldn't bother because of all the hours i've spent playing this game and other FM games not once has mine, or the oppositions goalkeeper ever picked up an injury or got sent off

I think we had one of these not long ago. Anyway, for me it depends very much on how many subs. In Wales where you only get 3 subs named, forget it. Most of the time even with 5 i risk it and go without. I don't think i've ever had a keeper sent off and i have only had one hurt bad enough that they had to come out of the game once. Most of the time they stay in and suffer!

With 7 on the bench it's probably worth having a backup dressed, less than that and i'm willing to take my chances.

What I do, though it's 'unorthodox', is check my outfield players to see who has the highest GK rating and then put them on a GK schedule as well as their normal one. I don't know if it makes a difference, but he came on for me once, just after half-time and kept a clean sheet in the league cup against championship opposition.

I never use to have a keepr on the bench before as i never encountered a problem, until one of the most important matches of my manegirial history and my keepy got sent off in the 29th min..

My team were 2:0 up with no keeper on the bench i lost the European Champions League Final 6-2 against a poor Real Madrid side.. (I was A.C Milan)

Since i learnt my lesson i always have a sub keeper now.

Archived