More "Team Settings" please!

I love the Team Settings screen. It's always the very first thing I look at in a new FM save. Even before my inbox. I like setting things up the way I want them. And this year, we have more Team Settings than ever before, with the new Screen Flow settings and the Transfer Options group.

Now we can choose to have a certain percentage of a player's value automatically chosen when offering a player out, and do likewise with a player's wages when offering a player out on loan. We can choose to automatically transfer list and set to "not needed" those who we offer out to other clubs, or set them to automatically be loan listed when we offer them out on loan. We can even choose to automatically include certain clauses when we loan out our players.

This is a Good Thing.

But you know what I'd like to see?

MORE.

I'd like to have all these kinds of things, but for when buying or trying to loan a player! Whenever I buy a player, I always offer a friendly as part of it. And whenever I loan a player, I always always set him to be available for loaned games. I also tend to set the loan to be until the end of the season rather than just 3 months (the league I am in has no limit on the amount of long term loans). And I know of some player who almost always make their offers non-negotiable, or set a deadline.

This results in a lot of extra clicking!

I have to manually click to buy the player, then click transfer type, then click loan (I could use the scroll wheel but trial moves the dropdown menu to the right, meaning it actually takes longer moving my cursor across again), then click duration, then click End of Season, then click Loan Options Add, then click "can play in cup matches". Other people would also need to have further clicks for flexibility or decision deadline.

And I have to do that for every single player I go to loan or buy (an option to "remember these settings" or "use these settings for future deals" would be nice, like how we can click "Don't show this message again" to make confirmation dialogue boxes never appear again)!

It would be really nice if that Team Settings screen had just a few more options on there to delay the onset of carpal tunnel for all us budding managers out there.

Anyone else agree? Anyone have other things they'd like to see on Team Settings? Anyone think these would be a net negative and I would have better spent my time typing this manually adding some more clauses to loan offers?

P.S. It would also be nice to have "Make a Loan offer", "Make a Trial offer", "Make a Co-ownership offer", and "Make an enquiry" on the right click menu when you click on someone's name, rather than having to do it through the standard "Make an offer" option.

Archived