The 3D TV view game keeps stuttering

Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place, but i have looked at various threads on the technical pages and cannot find anything to help.

Basically FM09 was fine, but when i watch the games on FM10 the ball and the play stutters, at least this is the best way i can describe it, this happens the whole way through on extended highlights at a match speed just below medium.

Can anyone help?

I have a fairly modern laptop, about 2 years old, and as i say FM09 was fine, but when i watch the games they are jittery and almost unwatchable.

Thanks if anyone can help.

You say it's fairly modern so perhaps you have a (much) better one than me. Then again laptops sometimes have poor graphic cards.

To get a normal speed I had to turn off a bunch of settings for 3d matches in preferences. Only kept weather and player names, pretty much. Maybe you can keep more on but do experiement with turning them off, to see if things improve.

You say it's fairly modern so perhaps you have a (much) better one than me. Then again laptops sometimes have poor graphic cards.

To get a normal speed I had to turn off a bunch of settings for 3d matches in preferences. Only kept weather and player names, pretty much. Maybe you can keep more on but do experiement with turning them off, to see if things improve.

Hi Snarko, thanks for your reply. I will try the things you suggest, i havent a clue how good the computer is or what the graphics card is like, but i will experiment nopw and see what happens if i turn the crowd off etc.

thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

I have a fairly modern laptop, about 2 years old, and as i say FM09 was fine, but when i watch the games they are jittery and almost unwatchable.

In that 2 year period have you updated your graphics card drivers? If not the I would suggest that you try that.

i cannot find this screen, this is another test

The preferences screen can be found by loading the game again and looking at the bottom right hand corner of the screen where you start a new game or load a previous one. If you are currently in a game and dont want to reload then look at the top of your screen and next to the search button (the one with the magnifying glass) there is an icon with fm on it. Click on it and preferences is the 9th option down from the top of this menu.

Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place, but i have looked at various threads on the technical pages and cannot find anything to help.

Basically FM09 was fine, but when i watch the games on FM10 the ball and the play stutters, at least this is the best way i can describe it, this happens the whole way through on extended highlights at a match speed just below medium.

Can anyone help?

Mate I've been having the exact same problem

My computer is only 3 years old, and like you FM 09 worked perfectly.

Tell us how the altering of preferences works, cause I would love to be able to play without this problem

By the way, how do I change my graphics card? Cause if the preferences dont help, then i will certainly try that next.

The prefrences screen can be found by clicking on the main menu (the big "FM" button up top right) and selecting prefrences from the list.

Just wait till the 3d match has loaded and started playing, pause the match, go to prefrences, and click 'confirm' to exit right out again. For some reason this refreshes the graphics cache and gets rid of the stuttering during 3d matches.

Its a bug, simple as. Try updating but be prepared for that not to work.

On another negative note, 2d classic has started doing a slight stuttering thing now, like the unplayable 3d did before I had to ditch it. Not keen to go 10.1.1 as that has ruined the game for some whereas I can live with it as it is - just dont mention the word "Polished" please, not even in jest!

...still loving the game though, amazingly!

Can anyone help?

testing again

Guys thanks for all your help here, much appreciated.....i removed the sky option and then the crowd option from the preferences and the game is much much better and smooth like FM09.

I am only losing on the crowd so not the end of the world, and as long as the game play is smooth i am happy.

cheers again for everyones input and time to answer.

Archived