Finance bug?

Ok, so i had 40mill transfer budget and around 5mill balance.

I signed jack wilshere for around 14mill, cash up front, no monthly payments etc. I now have a -10mill balance and 26mill transfer budget.

I specifficaly kept the signing on fee low and kept it to cash up front so as this wouldnt happen. I'm baffeld.

How can this happen? has it happened to anybody else?

Ok, so i had 40mill transfer budget and around 5mill balance.

I signed jack wilshere for around 14mill, cash up front, no monthly payments etc. I now have a -10mill balance and 26mill transfer budget.

I specifficaly kept the signing on fee low and kept it to cash up front so as this wouldnt happen. I'm baffeld.

How can this happen? has it happened to anybody else?

You had only 5 million in cash.5m-14m = around -10 mil left in your bank. Just because you have allowed 40 mill allowed to spend doesn't mean that you have that much in cash.

Think of it as you are banking your financial security on success. See Leeds for more details:o

You had only 5 million in cash.5m-14m = around -10 mil left in your bank. Just because you have allowed 40 mill allowed to spend doesn't mean that you have that much in cash.

Think of it as you are banking your financial security on success. See Leeds for more details:o

If i have a transfer budget of 50mill and i sign a player for 40 mill, the money will not come out of my balance, hence the whole reason of you getting a transfer budget. That would leave me with a 10mill transfer budget and whatever balance was in the bank should not be touched.

Just signed another player for 2mill.

I now have 24mill transfer budget and -12mill balance.

So i am being charged twice the agreed amount for each player?

Transfer budget is not separate money.It comes out from your balance. I think you are confusing it for 2 different money stashes.

It's only one.

I always thought transfer budget and balance were two entirely different things?

Are you sure? is this a new thing or has it always been the same?

Board will allow you to use that transfer budget ,even if you are in red. After while they will probably do one of the things:

a) Inject more cash into ballance in view of loan or board donation to get you back out of red

b) Fire you for being financially incompetent

c) not allow any new contract signings or extensions(lowering your salary budget)

d) in extreme cases they will declare bankruptcy and club will go into receivership

either way , it's not best to spend more then you have in your bank.

Archived