Are players wages too extreme in FM10

Been looking at signing several players for Tottenham over the last season and abit but ive noticed alot of players wage demands are just insane.

Youngsters at 21 or 22 who could turn out to be good players in the future are demanding £50,000-£70,000 a week is just crazy.Especially as most are only earning at most £20,000 at their present club.

One player im looking at Benedikt Howedes from Schalke is paid £10,500 at the moment.Now he wants £65,000 a week to sign for me.

MADNESS!!!!!

Been looking at signing several players for Tottenham over the last season and abit but ive noticed alot of players wage demands are just insane.

Youngsters at 21 or 22 who could turn out to be good players in the future are demanding £50,000-£70,000 a week is just crazy.Especially as most are only earning at most £20,000 at their present club.

One player im looking at Benedikt Howedes from Schalke is paid £10,500 at the moment.Now he wants £65,000 a week to sign for me.

MADNESS!!!!!

If he doesn't really want to go, he'll demand higher wages. If he's extremely interested, he'll more than likely sign at a similar wage. Also it would depend on your reputation, his current teams reputation, and both the leagues you are playing in. There's a lot which could cause this I guess, I'm not 100%.

As has been said, interest in your club will dictate how much they are willing to come for.

If you feel it is too much you could try to lower it but negotiate in some other fees, such as appearance fees etc.

As has been said, interest in your club will dictate how much they are willing to come for.

If you feel it is too much you could try to lower it but negotiate in some other fees, such as appearance fees etc.

I've noticed when you try and knock it down too much, they come back with an increased demand. I am yet to find a middle ground that I find is sort of reasonable. Also making a Key Player signing, you can knock a bit off with that.

And WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!? $325,000 p/w, outrageous. :thdn:

Maybe that's how much it would take to get him there.

Which club, which league?

No, I wouldn't say so. I'd do more than just swap to another football team for $325,000 a week, I hate saying this sentence, but, probably a bug.

I bought i 17 year old prospect who wanted 65,000 a week, i said yes then he was on £55 so i think when he turns pro he will be on 65k, Have you ever sold a player and it says blablal signed for 14mill and cost the club a pricey 400k a match??

Most I have ever signed a player to on a contract was when I extended Gerrard's contract on the last game I played. I have (if I am playing a top team) a set structure, the best 5 players can get what they want, the rest get what I tell them.

It does depend on the player, their current club and the reputation of your club.

At Stoke, high reputation players will only sign for me on astronomical wages. Even in the beginning Marco Verratti wanted 16k to sign for me, on another save as Chelsea he only wanted 2k. You can see it though, being brought through at Chelsea pretty much guarantees him a career even if its trundling through at championship/league 1. Coming to Stoke who were relegation candidates mean his career prospects could be damaged therefore he wanted a decent wage incase it didn't last.

I wouldn't have offered him £325,000 in the original contract in the first place. If you offer that much then complain when he takes it and refuses a £100k a week pay cut to re-sign then what do you expect?

I didn't. His original contract was roughly 160k, but 3 seasons of 25% increase have pumped him right up. Nor was I complaining, merely showing what I considered to be a high wage :)

I didn't. His original contract was roughly 160k, but 3 seasons of 25% increase have pumped him right up. Nor was I complaining, merely showing what I considered to be a high wage :)

So you did then?

160k +25% increase over 3 years makes it around that mark, or, more precisely 312,500 ;)

You in effect guaranteed him getting this much when you offered it him, now you want him to take a paycut. Tsk, managers are the same in any business. :(

So you did then?

160k +25% increase over 3 years makes it around that mark, or, more precisely 312,500 ;)

You in effect guaranteed him getting this much when you offered it him, now you want him to take a paycut. Tsk, managers are the same in any business. :(

Yeah, I usually aim to take off the 25% after a year (offer a new contract), but seemed to have forgotten to in Francky boys case... whoops :D. He's just announced he'll leave on a Bosman, but he has more reds than a colour chart so I'm not too fussed.

£1+million a month. Madness!

Lordy, each time a new bug is found I really do have to wonder if the programmers were drunk when coding.

When people are offering players £160k a week and 25% a year wage increase, I have to wonder if people are drunk when they're playing.

Ribery's asking for that much because that what he's already on due to poster's 'oversight'.

I'll be the first to admit the game has flaws and certain aspects need sorting, but it seems a little rich to post this as an example of players demanding unreasonable wages if you were 'careless' enough to offer him that in the first place.

Archived