Sack Duck Broken!!!

After scores of seasons -- some good, many bad -- with a bunch of clubs, I got my first sacking. The Oldham Athletic management offed me 32 matches into the 2009-2010 season with the team mired in 20th place in League 1. Interestingly, in real life the club is now 19th after 19 matches. Is the real-manager facing the axe?

This was my first club in FM2010. Is sacking more likely in this version of the game?

The board did me a great favor. Managing Oldham was my worst FM experience. Decrepid defense. Overpaid, underachieving attackers. Inexperienced midfield. A host of new arrivals just before I arrived.

I was unemployed for a day before Swansea came a-calling. I'm still trying to figure out why they sacked their manager. Maybe the AI knew I hated Oldham and needed a job in a higher league.

I think the tactics implementation are a lot different this year. Playing the demo I got sacked as manager of Newcastle which really should have been a reasonably easy club to get promoted immediately, Perhaps you should go to the tactics forum and read posts by wwfan which should help. Downloading the fm 10 tactics theorums from the same forum should also help I think.

In my previous 46 seasons over 3 saves I've been saked once!

Damn it sucks!

Everything just fell apart and I got destroyed. Very realistic actually. 6 years of success, then I was a bit ambitious, key injuries, a couple unlucky moments and all of a sudden we were 15th when we were "challenging for Europe". Lost another match and bam! Out of my job!

I only have got sacked once, and that was with my first save on FM09, with Portsmouth. God knows what happened there, 19th going into February, and the inevitable sack came.

Started a new one straight away after though, and came 10th in first season :) Woop.

I only have got sacked once, and that was with my first save on FM09, with Portsmouth. God knows what happened there, 19th going into February, and the inevitable sack came.

Started a new one straight away after though, and came 10th in first season :) Woop.

I normally get my sides to do what I want. But every once and a while things sort of slip... Then it all goes wrong. I'm getting that feeling again in my current save. The side can't score! Though the defense is holding me together. Hopefully the strikers will come good sooner rather than later!

Either that or I can go from club legend to sacked!

First sack for me was in FM07 -- I had a run of 15 games where I couldn't buy a win with Man United after jumping to first place right away. Mainly draws, but some terribly dumb losses. Fell from 1st to 4th and lost out in CL and went to UEFA Cup. Best players were getting injured and ineffective when healthy. I panicked and tried to bring in some new players in the January transfer window, but didn't have much cash so I gambled on Ronaldo...who got injured in his first game and was out for the year. Asked Neville to talk to the team about the bad form and that didn't work -- lost 3-1 in my next game and was sacked.

I must be in the minority. I consider it an achievement if i'm still at the club in Feb. :D

You and me both. I am the king of sackings/resignations before I get sacked. I'm lucky if I go 3 seasons with one team without either resigning in the face of the inevitable or getting the sack.

My name is BamaToon, and I am a crap manager. :D

My worst sacking was when I was in charge of Aston Villa -- had won the league the year before (way above expectations -- board wanted European qualification), and wanted a few more players to make me a real threat in Europe. The board said I spent too much the year before (used the full transfer funds including selling a few players and putting the money into more players) and so gave me ZERO funds. This wouldn't have been so bad, but I was told the club was rich when I joined and they had high ambitions. Evidently the ambitions were "win the Prem and get tossed in the knockouts of the CL and finish 4th." I put in an ultimatum for more money and they sacked me. Took over AC Milan and stole all the best players from the Villa team and watched them finish 7th. Never got to play them though.

After scores of seasons -- some good, many bad -- with a bunch of clubs, I got my first sacking. The Oldham Athletic management offed me 32 matches into the 2009-2010 season with the team mired in 20th place in League 1. Interestingly, in real life the club is now 19th after 19 matches. Is the real-manager facing the axe?

This was my first club in FM2010. Is sacking more likely in this version of the game?

The board did me a great favor. Managing Oldham was my worst FM experience. Decrepid defense. Overpaid, underachieving attackers. Inexperienced midfield. A host of new arrivals just before I arrived.

I was unemployed for a day before Swansea came a-calling. I'm still trying to figure out why they sacked their manager. Maybe the AI knew I hated Oldham and needed a job in a higher league.

You are going to have that experience at any club in FM. Everyone is suffering from poor defending. It is a bug.

Archived