Hate to Kiss Ass but WWFAN sorted me right out

After a season of good results but all to often teams coming from behind to either beat or draw with me and my inability to keep clean sheets and with finishing in the play offs i should have been happy but i wasn't.

Then this article appeared

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=168975

and i thought i chip my little bit in and received help from WWFAN (Rich) and guess what iam on my longest unbeaten run 31 games in all comps with only 1 league defeat and a cup loss in 41 games.

I manage Reading a predicted top 6 club of that they can be no doubt and now in season 2 i am 18 points top with 11 games to go and 2 games in hand iam in the 5th round of the cup and to be fair my new signings have made a diffrence but i feel that when i take the lead i keep it now that to wwfan making me look at the game different.

My team is not that spectacular neither

Federici

Roseiner

Silverstre(signed on a free)

Pearce

De Leat(Man Utd youngster on loan)

Kebe

Halmosi(signed on a free hull)

Matejovsky

Cisse

Obinna(signed on a free from Inter)

Long

Also got taken over by a Serbian who gave me very little money but wanted to sack me then gave me a month and kept me on.

I play a basic 4-4-2 with 4 defenders set to defend a wide left midfileder and attacking mc and a ball winner with Kebe pushing further up but that is not my point.

My point is there are a lot of people on here having a go and not being able to enjoy the fun of football manager and yes you might say all is rosy because iam winning every game but i think people need o listen to experianced people on this forum about tactics i at first was sceptical about bad defending the dreaded half time team talks about formation and tactics and whilst the game is and always will be far from perfect we should seek out the answers because they are on this forum

So to wwfan and all tactical people on here thanks for the help you made me look OUT OF THE BOX and now i feel my team are doing what i want them to do like never before on a FM game. Yes my glass is full at the moment and promotion is all but secured so i would say i like the game but all iam saying is i was a doubter a This game is broken defenders monging it strikers cant finish but it goes back to the classic it is your tactics and believe me read my post iam not a so called fanboy but sometimes even me know now it might not be your tactics it might be your half time team talks it might be just luck but good things can be achived by just understanding the game a little better and understand if it ain't working try something different.

Forgot to mention i find touchline shouts are the real way forward in this game and i find they are the real reason why i have turned my game around as my tactics have not changed but the way i apply them has and this is the main reason for my up turn in form and compared to season 1 where i kept 5 clean sheets i have kept 17 this season and averaging over 2.7 goals per game compared to 2.4 last season.

I think both of you (WWFAN and watsonslarets) should make an 'official strategy/tactics against AI comebacks' thread, with WWFAN's hints & tips, also with watsonslarets hints & tips and what works best when 'X' happens. I think it would be a great idea and it would stop a lot of people moan and make the game (more) enjoyable.

How about a post detailing various combinations of shouts/tactical adjustments that could be useful in a given situation (like a couple strategies for defending a lead, or needing to pull out a late goal etc.--I'm aware that this is highly situational/dependent on your tactics and team, but a few basic combinations combined with what it accomplishes/why might be good to help people get a better handle on things tactically), given that descriptions aren't really provided in the game in detail.

I've already opened a thread detailing basic defensive strategies in the tactics forum, but it hardly got any feedback. There's also TT&F of course.

Actually, i am still using same shutdown tactic that i have used since FM'05. It is even more effective this year, since i never conceded one single goal with it in last 15 minutes of match)before i was conceding 1 in 20+matches average).That would be in close to EPL and CL 100 matches so far.

I managed to score dozen or so goals on counters while holding onto result with it though.It's OI heavy and only shout i am using with it is "pass into space" .

Archived