Anyone had a player retire through injury?

I think it is a case of the legal system in UK cutting out the possibility of real life players retiring due to injury in-game. Any time I've seen a thread like this SI usually pop up to say "legal advice told us not to" or words to that effect.

The videos I got were always African midfielders scoring hat-tricks in the French National (3rd tier) and then never doing anythng again.

yes happened me to thierry henry broke his hand after a ball hit it, he retired after it.............dont no why though...........r was that a dream i had?.............lol

Epic Fail. :rolleyes:

I think that if a player has had enough injuries woes IRL then the game should reflect that he may choose to retire, regardless of legal concerns.

Just look at John Kennedy at Celtic, who has just retired due to his injury problems. He's almost constantly been injured at the start of FM games for a while now, making him a likely candidate for the 'retired due to injuries' feature. Of course now, in the data update he'll just be removed from the database altogether.

Archived