Feels he has achieved all he can at club

I am managing Everton, and Howard put in some outstanding performances prompting a bid from Bayern Munich, which I flatly refused. His happiness staus went immeadialty from happy to feels he has achieved all he can at the club. Of course now I feel I am forced to sell him, which I eventually did.

Did I do the right thing?

IMO yes. Had to do the same with Sagna on my save otherwise they become more and more upset and their performances suffer which will in turn lower their value, so cash in while you can and keep the morale in the dressing room high, just make sure you have/can afford a worthy replacement.

Have same problem with Jordan Spence (CB) who has been immense for me for last few seasons since he broke into my first team. Finances are very stretched so i very much doubt i can afford an adequate replacement and hes flatly refusing contract offers i give him.

From my experience, this means that one of the following is true :

- Your club is underachieving, as you probably didn’t won trophies for a long time

- If you managed to win a trophy but your player considers he’s too good to remain in your side, then the probable reason is that he’s having a greater potential or current ability (probably the current ability) than the average of your first-team players.

Most of the time, the game will allow you to talk with the player about that issue, if so choose:

“You understand his ambitions and you will do all you can to bring the club to new heights”

or something similar.

Never sell one of your players when you have such reactions, because what the player probably wants most is: buy new players, quality players, above those you already have. Sign a star, so that your keeper is no longer the best at your club. Choose a player that has high reputation (continental) and that your players could consider as a Key Player, then you should have for most of your players “Feels that PlayerName will become an important member of the club”, “Happy that PlayerName has signed”.

From what I can see of Howard in FM Genie Scout, he’s having average Loyalty and Pressure but a relative high Ambition. He’s also the Everton player with highest CA, which means he’s currently your best player.

From my experience, this means that one of the following is true :

- Your club is underachieving, as you probably didn’t won trophies for a long time

- If you managed to win a trophy but your player considers he’s too good to remain in your side, then the probable reason is that he’s having a greater potential or current ability (probably the current ability) than the average of your first-team players.

Most of the time, the game will allow you to talk with the player about that issue, if so choose:

“You understand his ambitions and you will do all you can to bring the club to new heights”

or something similar.

Never sell one of your players when you have such reactions, because what the player probably wants most is: buy new players, quality players, above those you already have. Sign a star, so that your keeper is no longer the best at your club. Choose a player that has high reputation (continental) and that your players could consider as a Key Player, then you should have for most of your players “Feels that PlayerName will become an important member of the club”, “Happy that PlayerName has signed”.

From what I can see of Howard in FM Genie Scout, he’s having average Loyalty and Pressure but a relative high Ambition. He’s also the Everton player with highest CA, which means he’s currently your best player.

The annoying thing was this was in the first season! Turner is proving an able keeper at the moment

I'm having the same problem with Evra (first season!) not happy that I refuse to sell him to Real Madrid.

Considering he has another 3 years on his contract and he's performing well, I'm not too concerned.

I would never sell a player I want to keep unless :

- He performs below par

- I have a ready replacement

- Last year of contract

Archived