Youth players are more expensive than ever.

In previous FMs (except 2009 which I didnt bother to play), only great to wonderkid youth players would cost you millions. And most of them would happily settle for a youth contract. But this year's FM, on average (2.5 star) kids cost me around 2 mil, which is ridiculous considering they are unproven talent. Maybe someone would argue smaller clubs would jack up the price in the bidding war; but these are their actual "value". not "asking price".

Furthermore, most of them would not accept the usual youth contract and would ask for EUR 4400 per week. For example: one kid would not budge from that amount (he didnt even accept my modest EUR 3600/week), considering he is out of contract and got paid only EUR 65/week in his former club. And this is not an isolated case either. However, when I refused to succumb to his ridiculous demand, he signed up a youth contract for Man Utd.

Although I think their in-game market values may reflect real life, but I dont think their huge contract demands are anywhere close to the real world. Does this happen to anybody else?

Some 16 year old Italian kid wanted £73k per week, but I think thats a noted bug already.

Whats wrong with them wanting a bit more? They're not like your academy lads on 90 quid a week, you're moving them across the country presumably to a bigger club - I'd ask for more money.

I agree with Tom - to some extent. I do think that the wages are a tad too high. About twice as high as they should be. I offered a montly salary of 200,000 £ to a kid sitting on a lowly Youth contract. He said no. And he was in Leverkusen, and I had just finished 3rd and was playing in CL(Leverkusen wasn't, they finished 15th that year, 16th the year before).

Okay, if that was an isolated case. But this tends to repeat itself.

The thread title describes real life as well as the game, but the contract demands do sound a bit exaggerated. I haven't experienced it myself though because so far I have only signed youth players who were out of contract and their wage demands were reasonable.

In the over inflated finacial bubble world football is in at the moment I think that these transfer fees do reflect real life. I do agree though that the wage demands need to be tempered, unless of course you are stating they will be a first team player or even a key player.

Sometimes the game is really unrealistic, I’m in BSP, I’ve found some good players (better than those I start with) free of contract at the beginning of the game; they refused to sign, fine. Reached the second transfer window in January and tried to sign some of the previous players I scouted, some retired and others seem to refuse to sign a contract and will probably retire by the end of the season. I really wonder what kind of player IRL would refuse a contract and choose to retire instead? I would understand that old players don’t really feel the need to continue their career at a lower level, but young players who just started their career and never had a pro contract?

As it works right now, the db could as well be hugely reduced, thus making the game run faster, by removing from the db, players that will never accept a contract matching their qualities and not their dreams. What is the use of players that will never by bought by the AI in higher leagues and that refuse contracts that match their qualities? IRL even if a player is frustrated not getting a pro contract from Arsenal or Real Madrid, because he just good enough to be a backup in CC League 2, he’ll probably won’t refuse a contract from a BSP side as this means a second chance to start his career and hope to be scouted by a bigger club later during his career.

Transfer system doesn't make any sense , we are living through a recession and yet football players prefer to stay unemployed ...

Linking PA with money (salaries/transfer value) is wrong , right now growing players from the academy is not an option , buying fully developed 25 year olds is the only way to go ; the fact that AI clubs do not have to register club grown/home grown players for Europe isn't a bug .

• Administrators

To be fair to the post before last, the sort of wages you earn in BSP, for some it's more financially beneficial to have a different career so it's not completely improbable. With the main issue, in past versions of the game it's certainly been far too easy for users to find and sign cheap wonderkids - you have to consider a move abroad to a bigger club of course they'd demand higher wages - if they're rated high enough to sign for a new club, surely the must be good enough for a better deal?

Sometimes the game is really unrealistic, I’m in BSP, I’ve found some good players (better than those I start with) free of contract at the beginning of the game; they refused to sign, fine.

I think it's a much bigger problem that some of these good free agents are willing to sign a contract so you can improve your team significantly for free. I'm also in BSP and I signed excellent players.

Archived