Successfully Retrain Goalkeeper

Just wondering if anyone had successfully managed to retrain a goalkeeper into a Star player in another position. I have just retrained a poor skilled goalkeeper into a fairly decent Right Back who has played a few games with my first team this season but I have never been able to find a star.

That reminds me of me, actually. I played both RB and GK for my high school team. I was normally the starting RB, but was moved to GK after the starting GK got suspended for academics. Then I moved back to RB the following season.

I always wanted to do something like this in the game just as a tribute to myself...

That reminds me of me, actually. I played both RB and GK for my high school team. I was normally the starting RB, but was moved to GK after the starting GK got suspended for academics. Then I moved back to RB the following season.

Much similar to what I do at the moment. I was a GK at my old club, 1st choice. Moved to my new club, they already had a 1st choice GK, so I'm playing at LB/RB. I'm loving it! :D

Much similar to what I do at the moment. I was a GK at my old club, 1st choice. Moved to my new club, they already had a 1st choice GK, so I'm playing at LB/RB. I'm loving it! :D

Well I enjoyed both positions but probably RB a little more. Then at least I could blame the GK if we got scored on. ;)

Well I enjoyed both positions but probably RB a little more. Then at least I could blame the GK if we got scored on. ;)

Agreed. Defence is better. In goal I didn't have to do so much running around, but in defence I'm much more involved in the action, and can go up for corners, maybe score, etc.

Last match I played, I also got one of the downsides though: getting my 1st ever yellow card!

Agreed. Defence is better. In goal I didn't have to do so much running around, but in defence I'm much more involved in the action, and can go up for corners, maybe score, etc.

Last match I played, I also got one of the downsides though: getting my 1st ever yellow card!

Funny thing: I was the fastest player on the team but was in goal. It always surprised forwards when I would come rushing out full sprint and beat them to a long ball. :eek:

On defense I was the guy who usually marked the other team's best player. Not because I was that good, but because I was so fast that they couldn't shake me. They might dribble around me, but they'd have to do it several times before they got to the goal. :D

Funny thing: I was the fastest player on the team but was in goal. It always surprised forwards when I would come rushing out full sprint and beat them to a long ball. :eek:

On defense I was the guy who usually marked the other team's best player. Not because I was that good, but because I was so fast that they couldn't shake me. They might dribble around me, but they'd have to do it several times before they got to the goal. :D

Lol, I'd love to be fast.

There was one exceptionly quick striker against me once. Absolutely tiny, but moved like the wind. I couldn't keep up, but as I said, absolutely tiny. Just started throwing my weight around = job done.

I love how strikers bawl like you've committed a capital offense when you push them over, don't you? :D

Lol, I'd love to be fast.

There was one exceptionly quick striker against me once. Absolutely tiny, but moved like the wind. I couldn't keep up, but as I said, absolutely tiny. Just started throwing my weight around = job done.

I love how strikers bawl like you've committed a capital offense when you push them over, don't you? :D

Well I was a really skinny kid back then, so I didn't have much weight to throw around. But I was a master of the hook slide tackle. I could nick the ball right off a dude's foot, and most of the time I could avoid the leg (though sometimes I didn't particularly mind taking out a leg along with the ball if it was some guy that annoyed me).

I had a friend on the team who was like you described. He was our best striker, but every time he got touched, he'd fall down and scream for a foul. We all told him he'd score a lot more goals if he stayed on his feet, but he wasn't having any of that. Even his sisters made fun of him for it, and he used to get so mad at them every time they did.

Well I was a really skinny kid back then, so I didn't have much weight to throw around. But I was a master of the hook slide tackle. I could nick the ball right off a dude's foot, and most of the time I could avoid the leg (though sometimes I didn't particularly mind taking out a leg along with the ball if it was some guy that annoyed me).

I had a friend on the team who was like you described. He was our best striker, but every time he got touched, he'd fall down and scream for a foul. We all told him he'd score a lot more goals if he stayed on his feet, but he wasn't having any of that. Even his sisters made fun of him for it, and he used to get so mad at them every time they did.

I hate strikers who dive. The keeper in me just wants to wack them round the head (as keepers can get away with pretty much anything).

I had a a striker up against me once who got really ****ed off at being pushed around, so tried to karate kick me in the back of the leg while the ref was talking to another player.

Played for your first team? :D

What level are you playing at?

Im in the lower English Leagues, and when I say he played for my first team that doesnt mean he is a permanent player, he just played a couple of games.

Archived