training from accomplished to natural: is it worth it?

if i have a player who is a natural DMC but only accomplished MC, but in my system i use MC (and i want him at MC, not DMC), is it worth the 10% training hit to get this guy to try and become natural or is it best to leave him at accomplished and get the extra 10% that not trying to learn a new position will get me?

I think its totally worth it as from my own observation players tend to take a huge hit in quality when played out of position, that extra 10% taken out of training is a good tradeoff for having a player play at 100% in that position as opposed to like 90%. Of course if he is too old or has limited versatility he may not ever reach the natural stage and it would be a waste.

I think its totally worth it as from my own observation players tend to take a huge hit in quality when played out of position, that extra 10% taken out of training is a good tradeoff for having a player play at 100% in that position as opposed to like 90%. Of course if he is too old or has limited versatility he may not ever reach the natural stage and it would be a waste.

how much of a performance hit do they take when they're only accomplished and not natural, as if its more than 10% then its a no brainer.

I don't think an accomplished performs any worse than a natural. Ratings and stats suggest that at least.

Anyway, I don't like this whole new position training system. Players should gain experience from playing competitive matches in that position.

This is something that bugs me too.... How many of the players in the game who can supposedly play ML/MR actually aren't natural in that position?

I sent my scouts out and the best players they could find (messi & ronaldo aside) are gourcuff and modric. Two seasons later i have both, but on the report screen the rating for both when i change their position to mr (gourcuff) and ml (modric) drops significantly. Both would be 'leading stars' for any premier division side' at AMC but only 'good for most premiership sides' on the wings. Now gourcuff is only accomplished on the wing but modric is natural and still his rating drops (due to his stats making him better in the middle i suspect) - but would gourcuffs rating increase if i trained him to natural? (I am doing this as it happens to get the answer myself). If they lose the percentage whilst retraining their position too that's fair enough, but once natural do they still lose the same 10%? As someone stated above (and i've seen it stated elsewhere) if you take off the retrain option they then lose the 'natural' rating which means there's little point in trying as they'll always be handicapped either by the performance hit at playing in only an 'accomplished' position or from only training skills at 90%.

Nearly every wide player i look at is natural only in the centre and accomplished on the wings which really annoys me as i always like to play with wingers - would love some clarity on this!!

I just found out that a player can go from accomplished to natural WITHOUT training! I've been playing my centre-back regen with accomplished RB at RB for at least 2 or 3 seasons now (can't remember at which point I put him at RB permanently) and noticed the change while reading the assistant's report. He gets the same number of stars at RB and CB now. I think he might have a high versatility stat too. I'm 100% sure I haven't been retraining him accidently.

Ive never tried it as I didnt think it made a difference. Perhaps some analysis is needed.

Or SI indicating what's what in an effort to avoid random speculation.

I'm never happy playing anyone outside natural, as surely there's a difference between natural and accomplished.

Archived