Match settings

I did a search on these forums, but couldn't find the answer to my question! Sorry if this answer is obvious, or if the question has been asked before!

My issue is the following:

So far, I've been playing FM2007 for years, simply because I find the game superb. I haven't tried any other version, since I really lack the money to buy the game each year. Therefore, I'm still not used to the 3d view, or the new match settings.

The settings that feel most natural to me during the match is the split view, using my player ratings on one half, and the match stats on the other. However, every time I start a new match, the game switches back to the "TV view", even though I disabled the 3d view. So every time I start a match, I have to press "Exit TV view", then manually switch back to my preferred settings.

Why isn't there a way to save these settings, so that I can view the match the way I like to? I really like the long-term playing of the game, so I tend to play matches as quick as possible. This system, however, makes this very hard, because I must manually reset is every time.

I hope my story makes sense, since English isn't my mother language. Maybe I've simply looked over the way to save my match-settings. If so, excuse me!

Before you get to the match screen, on the first screen after you submit your team, there's a dropdown menu in the top right called Match Controls. Set up your preferences in here, and they should stick for subsequent matches.

Thanks for the reaction. As far as I can see, the Match Controls only give me the chance to change the way I want to watch highlights and replays, and setting the speed of the match.

What I was trying to refer to is the difference between "TV Pitch View", "Classic Pitch View" and "Split View". I really hate the "TV Pitch View" and still every match starts with this view, while I want to view the "Split View" from the start.

Also: the "Classic Pitch View" doesn't let me watch player ratings, match stats etc., is that correct?

EDIT: I actually found it now, you were right. I didn't notice that the "Match Controls" button is different before the match than during the match! I like to switch between player ratings, match stats and formations during the match, I still hate how hard that is.. Thanks for the help though!

Archived