Free-kick Walls

Just a quickie here to see if anyone else is having the same problem as I am. I've just been beaten 2-1 against Chelsea, the second goal coming in the 88th minute after I'd got back into it. The reason I'm a bit miffed is the manner in which the goals were scored.

Both were Ballack free-kicks, nothing unusual here you might think, he's a decent free-kick taker and a goalscorer. Now the reason I have an issue is because for both free-kicks, my wall covered the far post rather than actually standing in front of the ball, leaving a massive gap for Ballack to hit the ball in a straight line. Now forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong, but I've always believed the wall's job is to cover a straight shot, forcing the player to get the ball up and over the wall, and back down again to hit the near post, whilst the keeper covers the more difficult far post shot. If I'd been beaten like that I'd have no complaints, but why has my wall lined up in a position where they're not covering the goal, allowing Ballack to drill the ball in straight line into the back of the net. Is there some special setting, or has the 3D match engine done me in with ridiculous positioning?

I get more annoyed when my players get all together, forming a wall like you said, but then right next to them, between the wall and my goalkeeper there's a player standing there completely unmarked, like he's invisible .. needless to say the man taking the free kick usually passes to this player and most of the times he scores.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing the game, I haven't abandoned my career and come here to blame Sports Interactive for ruining my life. It could well be one of those random freak occurances that happens once in a million matches, but if plenty of other people are having the same problem they'd say so and one assumes it would be looked into.

Archived