Just a simple question...

Guest El Payaso

Guest El Payaso

I've been wondering this thing for all the time I've been playing FM games. And the question is; why a striker with bad anticapation, off the ball and finishing can be succesful while a defender with bad positioning and concentrating is almost always a disaster?

Isn't van Nistelrooy's and Henry's main strenght the fact that they know how to be in right place in a right time and that they don't miss their chances.

Guest El Payaso
Because your defenders mistakes often lead to goals, whereas the strikers can miss as they will always get another chance. Law of averages means they will eventually put one away.
Without good anticapation and off the ball ability a striker shouldn't get too many chances and that's why he shouldn't score goals and that's why he should also be a flop. Doesn't seem to happen in FM too often.

With this new FM I've started thinking do those attacking abilities really count that much if your tactics and team-talks work really well... Seen really bad young players in my Everton squad doing well against bigger teams.

And why player with poor long shots can score a screamer more often than player with poor tackling can make a perfect inch tackle?

Archived