Most You've payed then the player is a flop

the most money you've blown on some-one you thought who would be great and turned out a waist of millions

Personally £23 mil for a regen russian who scored 29 goals in the bundesliga and 42 in all competitions 9 in the champions league bought him in 3 seasons with my spurs team scored 24 in all competitions

I remember several years ago paying a club record £15 million (and most of my transfer budget for the year) for Sylvain Wiltord (this was before his time at Arsenal), so it's a while ago. First game of the season...five minutes in...his leg gets broken and he's out for the rest of the year! Had to sell him at a massive loss at the end of that season because he couldn't settle and wanted a transfer.

£15 million spent, for five minutes on the pitch and no goals.

Saw City paid 25mil to Zarate in 09,played like 5 matches then they sold him to me for 0!!

Personally i paid Dzagoev 15mil,in his first match he broke his leg,never fully recovered,payed a couple of matches total,next season i sold him to madrid for the same price

Vagner Love. Bought him for around 30 m £. He scored 5 goals in 20 apps, then 6 goals in 25 apps. He was constantly injured for a few weeks or days between matches. I bought him for a lot of dough, and my pride kinda wanted to see if "maybe this season he'll change!".

Well, he's on the last season now and nobody wanted to buy him. And at January clubs can get him for free as I'm already in Sept. I bought Stancu instead and hopefully he'll perform better.

I got Vagner because Jô's been good to me. And he had Vagner as favoured personel and Vagner played in Ajax and had good stats. He had scored 12 goals in 8 apps so I thought: let's go! I had plenty 'o cash too.

It really puzzles me, why some class players completly fail sometimes. And average outperform the others.

I paid about £60m-70m for Jeremy Toulalan. He flopped his first season, never particularly impressed and averaged under 7 for the entire season.

Second season, I stuck with him, kept the faith, and he gradually started to improve. After 4 or 5 really outstanding performances in a row, he seemed to be settling and playing as well as he should have been, but he got an injury. Think it was his cruciate ligaments, but could easily have been a broken leg.

Didn't see him again for most of the rest of the season, after he came back he was okay, but never managed to reach the same form consistently.

Gave up on that save after FM10 came out :)

25m for Diego for my Arsenal team, he had three season at bayern where he was getting an average rating of 8.94, I bought him he could not hit barn door with a cow's ass and averaged 6.63 in his first season then 6.98 the next sold him to Juve for 20m

25 mil for Steven Davis in Jan 2011 - 6.5 rating overall in over 30 appearances. His avg rating was 6.6 over a 5 game spell in a month and I released a commend about his subpar play; he became upset thinking his recent play was good.

10-15 mil (can't remember) for Andwele Slory beginning of game, 6.2 rating in 10 or so apps, sold him for 4 mil.

Sofiane Feghouli. Paid £11million for him at start of second season and has not rated over 6.3... After four 5.x ratings in a row I transfer listed him. Grenoble have offered me £14 million one season later... Happy with that....

Don't remember the exact details, but it was back in CM3. I was managing Bristol City in Division Two I think and after receiving some good offers I sold a few of my players for high prices and ended up with a transfer budget of 7m. The logical thing would have been to srengthen my whole squad as 7 million was huge back then considering the level of football but instead of doing that, I spotted this striker with amazing attributes who was for some reason interested in joining and I immediately splashed all the money on him. Not a wise idea but hey, he looks so good, when he starts banging the goals in week in week out, everything's going to be great.

His season's stats turned out to be as follows:

Appearances - 35+

Goals - 2 (TWO, and one of them was a penalty)

I know he was called Mills but don't remember his first name. Either way, without a doubt my biggest flop signing ever in my CM/FM career :)

In FM 2008, I remember I had a fantastic juventus team that won 7 league titles in 9 years and 4 european cups.

The team ultimately revolved around 3 brilliant regen strikers but in the earlier days I invested a lot in a series of strikers who didn't always perform well.

The biggest waste for me was rooney. I think he cost 35 or 40 million and played to a mediocre standard for 2 years. I soon converted him to right wing where he was good but not worth 35 mil before replacing him with bojan on a free, who was a better goalscorer and whom i sold at a profit to finance the siging of some of those regens.

Rooney cost 35 mil, scored about 15 goals a season in a great team and didn't play that well. I ended up selling him to valencia for 6 or 7 mil, despite the fact he had played 3 or 4 seasons and appeared in most games. That shows how he deteriorated. He wasn't old or out of the team, his value just dropped.

I am the master of signing flops to be honest :) Namely Andrea Barzagli for about £12m, Benzema £50m (FM09), Fernando Gago £10m, Akinfeev £30m, lol list goes on and on.....

I signed barzaglia for juventus in my great team mentioned above in FM 2008.

He was by far my best signing. He began life as an agricultural tony adams-esque defender with technique of about 7 and passing of about 9 and retired as a 5 times seria a champion and captain with 2 european cups, passing of over 15 and technique over 15. I've never seen such an improvement on an established player over time.

He was a great captain and the first name on the teamsheet, even in his mid 30s.

I've just reviewed all my newcastle signings on fm 2010 and they've almost invariably proven to be very good! I've won one of the signings of the season every single season in the championship and then the prem!

£38m. He was a very quick striker, probably the fastest in the world (Acceleration and Pace 19), with good Strength (15) and Jumping (14). He was two-footed and a solid finisher (17). Basically it all added up to a brilliant striker. He was a former player of mine as well so I knew how he played.

He turned out to be absolutely rubbish - I couldn't get him to score, no matter what - he was relegated to the wing in the end, but he wasn't a brilliant winger (besides his pace), lacking in passing amongst other things.

I did persist with him for a full 6 seasons, trying to get the best out of him (he was young at the time, and I thought he'd get better with age - he didn't). After a pitiful season where he was finally relegated to third-choice winger and umpteenth-choice striker, I cut my losses and sold him for £15.5m, where he proceeded to score 29 in 42, with 11 assists and 12 man-of-the-match awards at Torino. :mad:

Sofiane Feghouli. Paid £11million for him at start of second season and has not rated over 6.3... After four 5.x ratings in a row I transfer listed him. Grenoble have offered me £14 million one season later... Happy with that....

I would have given him at least a season to settle. He's not good at adapting to live in a new country.

I'm managing Grenoble Foot 38 and he's fantastic, for what it's worth.

Archived