Maybe someone else can figure this one out

I am playing as Sunderland and in match against Manchester United on Old Trafford, Lee Cattermole got straight red, right after i scored leading goal.I am confused what warrantied that red card, considering that Wes Brown spent most of the game trying to beat hell out of my TM Cardozo,and all he got was yellow.:confused:

Cattermole had tackling set on easy, and tackle(foul) didn't look bone crunching or anything like that.Player he tackled was not even on closing down instructions.

Here is pkm ,if someone can shed a light for me why he got red carded:

http://rapidshare.com/files/315761320/Man_Utd_v_Sunderland.pkm

This is not "whining" or anything like that, since i won the match fairly easy, but i just cannot figure out why would be handed red card for this(that was his first foul to).

I would appreciated any input, thanks.

I've had a couple of odd sendings off, both for and against me, I didnt think much of it, just assumed it was one of the match official mistakes, as it was commented on both in the match summary and press conference post-match.

Yeah , but there was no mention of it after the match and after the dismissal neither.I would "pretend" that it was one of the ,mistakes from officials, but match official is lenient type. That was based on total number of cards that he gave in prior 20+ matches, that he officiated.

Plus, what is irritating most is Wes Brown beating on Cardozo whole 90 minutes, as well whole Man Utd team was using hard tackling whole match(mine was set on easy all along).

Cardozo still scored 2 goals and i have more then decent cover for Cattermole, so team is not affected by it.It just looks very weird, to hand over red without any big reason , and right after i got lead, while nothing was going for Manchester.

Yeah , but there was no mention of it after the match and after the dismissal neither.I would "pretend" that it was one of the ,mistakes from officials, but match official is lenient type. That was based on total number of cards that he gave in prior 20+ matches, that he officiated.

Plus, what is irritating most is Wes Brown beating on Cardozo whole 90 minutes, as well whole Man Utd team was using hard tackling whole match(mine was set on easy all along).

Just like real life then to be honest lol

It does sound a bit strange, without wanting to insult you, you are positive it was a straight red? Have you checked the match report to see what it says there?

quite simple. You were playing against Man UTD at Old Trafford. That is the place where injury time is played till Man U win. If the opposition scores first they will have a player sent off until Man U win. And the golden rule no penalty shall be award to any non Manchester United player at old Trafford. In the unlikly event of that happening the penalty shall be retaken until it is missed or saved.

Just like real life then to be honest lol

It does sound a bit strange, without wanting to insult you, you are positive it was a straight red? Have you checked the match report to see what it says there?

Yes , i did, i usually post things like this very rarely(if ever), and i only want to figure out what can precipitate situations like this , so i can minimize possible occurrence of them.I'll rather look for some reasonably logical explanation , before i dismissed it as "favoritism of one team"(i know that happens IRL to).

I would think that ME , as hard calculation of different numbers wouldn't have that option, but i guess i could be wrong.

quite simple. You were playing against Man UTD at Old Trafford. That is the place where injury time is played till Man U win. If the opposition scores first they will have a player sent off until Man U win. And the golden rule no penalty shall be award to any non Manchester United player at old Trafford. In the unlikly event of that happening the penalty shall be retaken until it is missed or saved.

Well , i still won and quite handsomely, if i can say that. There never come close even with me being man down, so i guess that didn't help them(neither 4+ minutes of extra time).:D

Archived