Strikers NOT scoring too much!

Following on from the many posts "complaining" that strikers seem to be scoring too much, I have to ask this...

does anyone else have strikers who really don't score all that much?! I think the best total I've had to date is 26 goals in 45 games or something like that.

Am i alone here?!

Rooney is giving me a top return this game with about 25 goals from as many games but i'm getting a fair amount of goals from my defenders as well. Berbatov tends to appear cocky before games and will only get one or two goals, he's not great for me tbf but his ability to hold the ball and set up Rooney is the only reason I keep him in the team. Owen is injured and didn't score for **** and Dzeko can only score against poor teams in the league cup for example.

Evans and Vidic score plenty from corners with Rafael getting 2 for me this season with some real scorchers from outside the box.

When Rooney is out injured I usually end up relying on my defenders for goals so I would say that no, my strikers aren't scoring too many goals and the mere fact that people are complaining about this just defines what this forum is all about. People complain when their team can't win and the people who win just say its your tactics. Then people moan when their team is always winning or scoring too many goals... well, shut the hell up cause its probably your tactics.

26 goals in 45 games is hardly a poor return

I know its not a poor return, and that's not what i said anyway.

Its quite a realistic return for a top scorer. But most people seem to be posting screenshots of Torres scoring 50+ goals, and Tevez scoring 40 for 4 seasons in a row. I'm not getting anywhere near this. I guess I'm worried that those of us who don't have strikers scoring unrealistically will find it even harder to score if they tone down the goals for strikers in the next patch.

My top scorer in all competitions with Arsenal in Season 1 was van Persie with 21.

van der Vaart was top league scorer with 15 or 16...

Hardly prolific but not horrible. I had a lot of players scoring some goals, rather than a couple players scoring lots.

actually it is confirmed by SI that strikers score too many. you need to look at the league scorers (AI vs AI games), if you're having problems scoring goals then it is of tactical nature.

I've seen post where people manage to get strikers to have more than 1 in 1 scoring ratio.

I know its not a poor return, and that's not what i said anyway.

Its quite a realistic return for a top scorer. But most people seem to be posting screenshots of Torres scoring 50+ goals, and Tevez scoring 40 for 4 seasons in a row. I'm not getting anywhere near this. I guess I'm worried that those of us who don't have strikers scoring unrealistically will find it even harder to score if they tone down the goals for strikers in the next patch.

do you set your tactics with Wizard or the old way?

Whoever I play in the Target man role scores bagfuls. Last season my target man got 49 in 52. My guy in the overall best XI has 264 from 316.

These players aren't really world class at all, just score loads, because of the system they're playing in.

Archived