Almost unlimited budget

The biggest Spanish\Italian clubs should be pretty wealthy i would have thought. If you want a club to have finances like Man City then you could always use the editor or an edt file to give them a sugar daddy. You'll get more information about this in the editors hideaway.

Hoffenheim were like that in 09 if IRC, as the chairman is an internet billionaire. Don't know if that is kept.

Nope, not anymore. I've been managing them and for example you get only 2.7 million if you tell the board that you'll qualify for Europe. And their chairman is not quite an internet billionaire. He's actually the founder (or co-founder) of a software company called SAP, which is the largest in Europe. At least that is what I've read.

What about teams like Saudi Professional League champions, Al-Ittihad? They apparently offered a very lucrative contract to Figo a few years ago. They are likely to be funded by hugely wealthy people.

FC Bunyodkor - They are managed by Luiz Felipe Scolari and have Rivaldo playing for them, on a $14m 2 year contract!

As someone above mentioned, Shakhtar is just oozing with money. In my game, in the first season, they bought Felipe Melo, Hulk, Salomon Kalou, Igor Akinfeev, Diego Renan, and a few other highly rated players. It's as if their AI manager knows that he's playing FM :D

Thank you for your answers ...

I've watched in the editor and i found something interresting :

There are different kinds of "Sugar Daddy" :

FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend. (=> Only Man City and Notts County)

BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply. (=> Huddersfield, Peterborough, Goztepe, Dundee and Southampton)

UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back. (=> Almost ten clubs, but not big one ...)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your answers ...

I've watched in the editor and i found something interresting :

There are different kinds of "Sugar Daddy" :

FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend. (=> Only Man City and Notts County)

BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply. (=> Huddersfield, Peterborough, Goztepe, Dundee and Southampton)

UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back. (=> Almost ten clubs, but not big one ...)

What, in my sugerdaddy file, only Chelsea, Man City, and Notts Co have sugardaddies... How did you get so many?!

Archived