FM09 who still plays it?

I'm waiting for the 2nd patch before getting a long term save going on FM10. I've still played a few short games on it, so I know what I'm doing when I go back to it, but I think having the 2nd patch will make things go smoother.

FM09 is the game for me at the moment. I've never patched that and it runs perfectly.

FM 2010 is way more interesting even if as always the game has been released before being fully functional. Crash dumps are what made FM 2010 being so criticized by us.

What do you mean? do you experience crash dumps?

I'm glad I haven't bothered with fm2010 if that is the case. Fm09 is crap but at least it doesnt crash. I don't have time for games that crash.

I doubt I'll bother with fm2010 even when fully patched. From all I've heard I'm better off sticking with earlier versions.

Who would play FM09? It was pretty much the worst version solely because of the incredible, unexplained and unfixed slowdowns that occured yearly ingame.

If you gotta play, play FM08 or FM07, they're the playable versions of FM.

Neither did I, so what happened to the engine defensively, anyway, I just prefere the 08 engine, I don't remember, but did 08 have press conferences?

No, don't think so. It was just one question you'd have to anwser after matches. And I think that was only done if there had been a questionable ref decision.

Who would play FM09? It was pretty much the worst version solely because of the incredible, unexplained and unfixed slowdowns that occured yearly ingame.

If you gotta play, play FM08 or FM07, they're the playable versions of FM.

Like i said in my earlier post i'm in 2025 on FM09. Running a large database with 6 countries active, 16 leagues in total. I don't experience any 'unexplained and unfixed slowdowns'. Maybe your PC isn't up to the job?

As for FM08 or FM07 for me FM09 wins hands down. The game gets better every year, or that was the case until FM10 was released anyway.

FM2009 is, by far, the best version of the game ever and I still play it. 3D match engine, good regens so long term games viable, logical gui. It's not perfect but FM2010 is a long way behind IMO.

Same here, and +1 with OP :) - Looking for rosters and ratings updates (see another post) for new challenges (see another post asking for some), but actually thinking of starting a new game with unreal players (never tried that yet, hope all will be in scounting ability).

Reasons are partly one little as non blocking but still annoying bug (unable to hide reserve team - see another post) and mainly lots of disappointments in the new features (see another post - dont have many though^).

Like i said in my earlier post i'm in 2025 on FM09. Running a large database with 6 countries active, 16 leagues in total. I don't experience any 'unexplained and unfixed slowdowns'. Maybe your PC isn't up to the job?

As for FM08 or FM07 for me FM09 wins hands down. The game gets better every year, or that was the case until FM10 was released anyway.

My PC is more than up to the job. Guess the slowdowns was more noticeable on network games though.

Nah, FM 10 is a better game. Patch 2 will fix a lot of things. Patch 3 even more, if it's needed. Remember that FM 9 is fully patched.

The waves of discussions were the same when FM 09 just had one patch. Then it was also "unplayable".

FM10 MUCH better than FM09....

For those affected by the crashing:

- Autosave everyday on the single file (so you won't lose much, and quite quick since the changes are minimal on a daily basis).

- Reduce the number of leagues you are running if you comp's not up to it.

Really loving FM2010, easily has the least number of bugs on release/patch 1.

I'm waiting for FM10.3, or maybe a new laptop, I really got into a save on 09 just before FM10 came out. My problem with FM10 is my laptop is only mid-range and I kept getting crash dumps. I object on principle to being told I have to turn everything to minimum to be able to play it. I don't want to play with small database and no logos/pictures etc, I already turn off 3D as it is. I don't like how many goals the strikers score too, its unbelievably easy to get 3 players in your team to score 25+ each in a season. FM09, for all its faults, had IMO the most perfect goal ratio of any patch version of any FM edition, realistic scores, and when a striker scored 30 it was an achievement, and he'd almost certainly be the only player in his division to do so. The regens by 9.3 work pretty well s far as I'm concerned. I'm keeping an eye on a 19yo Brazilian FC from Palermo who looks absolutely unbelievable. The only problems with 9.3 are the Co-ownership bug and that Man City buy EVERYONE. But I mostly play LLM so not too bothered, doesn't directly affect me...

I still use FM09. I'm into 2027 on my save as Bristol City and the regens are quite good. The press conferences can get annoying when you're asked the same questions but I just let my assistant do most of them instead. Other than that I think it's a good game.

I'm still with Fm09, year 2017 summer. Still have motivation to keep going. I have started with a local team on lowest tier on a low rep nation. I have just reached quar. final in UEFA cup so I think I need at least another 3 years before I can have some change in CL. My better players are still leaving club to proceed their careers. Well I make good money from them but still it hurts me to lose them, do not get me wrong I do not complain about it since that is how it works IRL too.

Archived