Whats with the random crashes

I have at least one random crash dump every season. It happens at different days and either right after a game or while on holiday. Its random, I can't correlate it to anything

Is anyone else seeing this? This is the most unstable version of the game I have ever played

There is a patch out that has fixed your problem, at least for some.

Have you installed it?

Yep, I have 10.1.1 already and just had a crash. It didn't help my issue.

The problem is that it crashes, I reload the game and then its fine for another several months. It always happens at different times, its not linked to anything I can think of.

I've set the game to save everyday, this is the only way I can play it now, otherwise it would be unplayable.

SI, you guys aware of this? Will this be fixed in the next patch

I had a crash after 10.1.1. Something to do with memory. I had it once before hand too. I have 3GB of RAM so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thankfully I save every day so it wasn't a big deal. It did not happen again on reload despite doing exactly the same thing.

What happens when the game crashes? Do you get any sort of warning message or does the game just completely close? Let me know, thanks.

Neil, I get a crashdump message, and there is a dump file in my crash dumps folder. Once I click ok, then I get the windows error box that says this program has faulted or something along those lines, and once I click that the game is closed.

The weird part is that when I restart the game, I can play just fine, so its not because it can't go past a specific date.

What happens when the game crashes? Do you get any sort of warning message or does the game just completely close? Let me know, thanks.

what is the Differences when u get warning message or not ?:confused:

The memory crash first of all warns that the system is running dangerously low on memory. User selects 'ok' and the next thing to pop up is the crash dump message.

I dont get a memory is running low message, although I have noticed that at times FM can take up as much as 1.6gig of ram in task manager. I have 3gig physical, so that shouldn't be my issue.

Last years FM took only about 500mb as I recall

I'm disappointed to hear that fm2010 crashes so much. I didn't like fm09 and was considering geting fm2010 when patched but too many people are experiencing crashing.

I thought that fm2010 was a chance to right the wrongs of the last two versions but it seems that fm2010 is even worse due to the crash dumps.

• Administrators

If it goes over 1.7gb on any system it will run out of memory. I'm not coder so can't go into specifics, but this is the case for any game and any system the way things currently are.

We're looking into this issue, there is currently a rather large thread about it which can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161196

I'm disappointed to hear that fm2010 crashes so much. I didn't like fm09 and was considering geting fm2010 when patched but too many people are experiencing crashing.

I thought that fm2010 was a chance to right the wrongs of the last two versions but it seems that fm2010 is even worse due to the crash dumps.

This is the best version I've played since 05'. I really like all the improvements, the only issue is these crashes I get, which Im sure SI will fix in the following patches. I have this issue on two different PCs, with different hardware, so its definitely a FM issue.

I just hope its fixed in the next patch

This is the best version I've played since 05'. I really like all the improvements, the only issue is these crashes I get, which Im sure SI will fix in the following patches. I have this issue on two different PCs, with different hardware, so its definitely a FM issue.

I just hope its fixed in the next patch

I just don't have the inclination to play any game that crashes. I've been playing PC games for so long that I am completely sick of games that crash.

I honestly would much rather stick with fm09 (despite its flaws) because I know it is stable.

Archived