Deny speculation about manager job

Does denying interest in another manager job when asked about it in the media actually do anything? I usually get the "board happy" thing, but does that do anything in and of itself? I've never seen my loyalty attribute go up when denying interest. Anyone seen otherwise? Thanks.

Mostly then. I mean, we all know the AI are dumb, but offering someone a job that they just said they didn't want is pretty stupid.

Yeah okay that's understandable. I've just had a few times where I have the job offered to me when I have said I'm not interested already.

Mostly then. I mean, we all know the AI are dumb, but offering someone a job that they just said they didn't want is pretty stupid.

It depends, that may just be public talk with no connection to what's really going on.

The own board will always give you a feedback message, but in no case I find it ever of any importance. Even if you immediately appear on the managers in danger list after confirming interest, you'll be off again after a week or so.

I would wonder if it has a negative impact if you deny interest but still apply. Imho it shouldn't as there is a perfectly legit reason to lie to the public when being asked.

Has anyone ever gotten a counter-offer from their current team when discussing interest from other teams? I haven't myself, but thought it would be an interesting feature -- offer you a raise, up the transfer kitty, offer to expand stadium or something. On the other hand it would be interesting if you declared interest and the board of your current team froze your transfer funds for disloyalty and make you wait a certain time (few weeks, month, etc) before you can spend again. Also stop you from messing with player contracts. But then again the AI isn't that smart....

Archived