Idea: publish the current bug list

Pob

One of the gripes some users have is that reported bugs from previous versions of FM are still present in FM10.

If the current bug list was published and regularly updated it would provide more reassurance that bugs were being worked on and also make the bugs forum more effective (less duplicate posts about known or fixed bugs).

It could include each bug's category (e.g. match engine/user interface), status (i.e. fixed/being worked on/needs more examples uploading to the FTP) and a link to the original bug forum thread. Repeat posts about an issue could be merged into the original thread.

• Administrators

We'd certainly be interested to see which bugs from previous FM's are still in the game - any examples please post them according in the bugs forum and we'd take a look. To keep such a list updated on the forums would be a very difficult time consuming task considering the amount of changes that go in, I can't see this happening.

The bug list is readily accesible to all your programmers; it would not be difficult to link to it from the bugs forum. It may be difficult to relate the bugs to threads in the bugs forum, but that could be the moderators' job! :o.

Neil, I wasn't saying I had a huge list of bugs in FM10 that were in previous versions myself, it may be a popular misconception; however it is an example of the customers' lack of faith in the bug reporting system.

From a quick use of the search function I have found:

• SI Staff
It may be difficult to relate the bugs to threads in the bugs forum, but that could be the moderators' job

I'm sure our volunteer moderators are just bursting with excitement at the thought of this ;)

I'm sure our volunteer moderators are just bursting with excitement at the thought of this ;)

Probably not much more work than telling someone that a bug is already known/being looked at/fixed for the next patch already. :p:)

Not sure it would help things, considering people barely use the search function to look for similar threads first!

Add to that the fact that non-techie people are going to struggle to relate the bug reports to what's happening in their games in many cases. I've seen people struggling to match items from the patch changelists to their games and these are supposed to be for public use.

Archived