Very, very old team

Hi I start a game with Thurrock

BSS media prediction 22th

In my first season I finished 3rd!! (amazing result I think)

I had one problem, almost all my players don't want a new contract.

So for the second season I ust to rebuild the squad. No money and less wage budget.

I found very old dutch players with very good stats

Here is my team (look at the ages)

Thurrock-5.png

The old players are very good, only physical could be better

Pieren:

MilkoPieren.png

And Kammeron

LloydKammeron.png

I recommend people who want to manage a lower legue team to add all the dutch players.

How the gonna do it this season? the first match I won with 3-0 against lewis.

I let you know more results

Looking at that last screenshot is 17.5K in euros a year so thats 1.4 per month and that makes that player bang on 354 per weeks.

Actually working this out that seems a rather lot, i dont know the exchange rate but thats alot of one player at that level

Looking at that last screenshot is 17.5K in euros a year so thats 1.4 per month and that makes that player bang on 354 per weeks.

Actually working this out that seems a rather lot, i dont know the exchange rate but thats alot of one player at that level

I'm surprised as well.

Second match 2-2 away

Maybe the physical would be a problem when we had more matches in one week

yes, after the first season I had only 5 players in my squad and so a lot of wagebudget.

And maybe the wanna come to Thurrock, because I'm a dutch manager with international experience

i wasnt saying they didnt wana come the obviously did. (he has a gun people lol)

Just jokin. great finds but just a little to pricey, if they do get you up i imagine youll struggle to re-build a second time because of weakened finances.

No one is accusing you of cheating. I just find it quite amusing that you do that.

I'm sure you will win the league and get promoted, but at the end of the day that is down to your ability to attract these old duffers because of your international experience. It would obviously be much more realistic and more of a challenge if you started as an inexperienced manager as befits the league.

No one is accusing you of cheating. I just find it quite amusing that you do that.

I'm sure you will win the league and get promoted, but at the end of the day that is down to your ability to attract these old duffers because of your international experience. It would obviously be much more realistic and more of a challenge if you started as an inexperienced manager as befits the league.

ok maybe you are right, but Thurrock is with any reputation a big challenge!!

Physical is a problem at halftime my team have 72% condition

I don't think it's a bug as such because they know it happens but have their reason to make it like that, but I agree it makes managing in lower leagues very frustrating.

My local team plays twice a week and the players seem to mange fine but in this game they end up crippled if they play three games on the trot. I've been saying for ages that stamina shouldn't be averaged with the other physical stats because it just ruins the game.

I don't think it's a bug as such because they know it happens but have their reason to make it like that, but I agree it makes managing in lower leagues very frustrating.

My local team plays twice a week and the players seem to mange fine but in this game they end up crippled if they play three games on the trot. I've been saying for ages that stamina shouldn't be averaged with the other physical stats because it just ruins the game.

surely it's a bug if players are ending up with world class attributes that they shouldn't have?

i saw a french lower league striker's finishing rise from 13 (in the editor) to 19 as he aged - i think it's because the physical stats fall faster than the ca does, and so the spare ability gets allocated to technical (and possibly mental) attributes

i'm sure it'll be patched out at some point, they've made an effort to make players age more realistically in fm10 but somewhere along the line it's gone a little wrong

surely it's a bug if players are ending up with world class attributes that they shouldn't have?

i saw a french lower league striker's finishing rise from 13 (in the editor) to 19 as he aged - i think it's because the physical stats fall faster than the ca does, and so the spare ability gets allocated to technical (and possibly mental) attributes

i'm sure it'll be patched out at some point, they've made an effort to make players age more realistically in fm10 but somewhere along the line it's gone a little wrong

I've never seen anything like that.

ok maybe you are right, but Thurrock is with any reputation a big challenge!!

Physical is a problem at halftime my team have 72% condition

To be fair, condition is always a problem at that level. You can easily go into games where your average condition of your team is in the mid-80% region.

Old players aren't bad at all, as long as you get them to stand still. I remember some of my older players with Long Shots >17 and Off The Ball >17, which tends to put them in silly positions to bend one in. And as long as you can protect them with a bit of pace from other players, it can actually work out quite well.

Archived