Bizarre result after red card

Champions league final May 2020. Liverpool vs Chelsea.

I'm not complaining about the result, I'm just baffled by it. We (Liverpool) went 2-0 up pretty early on, then got my right back sent off just before half time. One of my strikers had picked up a knock, so I subbed him off, and brought on a replacement rb. I switched from attacking mentality to counter-attack, dropped deeper, and retained possession.

The final score? 8-0 to me. Yes, that's right, 8-0. Chelsea couldn't cope with having the extra man, they just didnt know what to do.

Now, has anyone encountered anything like this before? I'm baffled as to why the match turned out the way it did. I cannot understand why or how we managed to score 6 past Chelsea when we were a man short...

pkm of match here

Liverpool ratings and match stats

match overview

any thoughts?

in the italian cup 4th round (i think it was against udinese, who were a top 3 team), I had 2 men sent off with similar results.

- down 1-0

- equalised

- 1st man sent off

- down 2-1

- second man sent off

- equalised in injury time

- scored 2 goals in extra time.

Final score 4-2 for me (granted, in extra time, they had 2 men also sent off)

It's fooball rinso, anything can happen. :D

DodgeeD had 5 goals scored after having a player sent off, and you just beat that. Please post in the records thread. ;)

Yay! My first record! Posted it now, hopefully! :thup:

Its not the first time I have come across somethign like this, although this is definitely the most extreme example. Salvaged a draw after going 2-0 and a man down away at Spurs, and there have been others too... Not that I get players sent off a lot... :rolleyes:

It's fooball rinso, anything can happen. :D

DodgeeD had 5 goals scored after having a player sent off, and you just beat that. Please post in the records thread. ;)

The AI probably switched to overload and take more risk tactics, and conceeded all the goals due to ur counter attacking play.

I had the reverse -- playing as Man United at Real in the CL semis. Won the first leg 2-0 at OT. First few minutes of the game, Ramos was given a red for a professional foul and Hargreaves made the penalty for me. So 3-0 up with away goal. That away goal would proof important as Real unleashed the hounds of hell on me for the next 80+ minutes. They scored 3 unanswered and no matter what I did, they kept dominating me. The first goal was my fault because I got greedy and went to attack to try and go up 4-0. They scored, so I went to counter, which might have been too soon since it seemed like they had extra time to form an attack. Ditto the next goal. At that point I went ultra defensive and just hung on to get to the finals but that was likely because I went two men up by injuring Ronaldo when they had no subs left.

we're at it again.. home vs manure...

LB sent off 27 mins, sacrifice striker and replace with defender.

33 mins 1-0 Liverpool

37 mins 2-0 Liverpool

48 mins DC sent off, oh dear

50 mins 3-0 Liverpool (what?!)

finished 3-2 to liverpool :D

screenie

Archived