Wage budget suggestion - offering players higher wages

I have a suggestion.

When my current wage total is substantially lower than my total wage budget why can't i have the option of offering players who demand high wages, a wage that is suitable as opposed to a set wage that is far lower than they demand.

For example

im currently managing Preston NE in League One. I am currently 20k under my wage budget yet im only allowed to offer a player (high calibre scouted as 5star potential) 6.5k. Surely i should be able to meet his demand, which is 11k.

Hope this has made sense.

Cheers

The rest of the players at your club are obviously not earning as much as 11k. The wage cap is there to stop one player earning a lot more than the rest of the team. If you want to be able to offer more then give your current players slightly improved contacts. Though this will decrease your wage budget, you will be able to offer higher wages, as long as you don't go over your wage budget of course.

The rest of the players at your club are obviously not earning as much as 11k. The wage cap is there to stop one player earning a lot more than the rest of the team. If you want to be able to offer more then give your current players slightly improved contacts. Though this will decrease your wage budget, you will be able to offer higher wages, as long as you don't go over your wage budget of course.

I appreciate your comment as a workaround, but this isn't realistic. I see there being no problem in offering a player a wage that doesn't put your club over the budget no matter how large it may be, especially if the players is a high caliber player.

Look at Cardiff when they had Fowler and Hasselbaink in their squad. Each on 15k+. There are plenty of real life examples.

I appreciate your comment as a workaround, but this isn't realistic. I see there being no problem in offering a player a wage that doesn't put your club over the budget no matter how large it may be, especially if the players is a high caliber player.

Look at Cardiff when they had Fowler and Hasselbaink in their squad. Each on 15k+ each. There are plenty of real life examples.

Not saying it's realistic. It's just the way the game's programmed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived