Idea for next FM - Option of further year

I think it would be excellent if we could put a clause in contracts saying if a player play 20 games for example, i have to offer them a new contract. Happens a lot in real life.

I often find i would use this, e.g. wanna buy an 33 year old ex international who has big wages and normally want 2 years. i want to offer 1 as its a gamble taking on a player past his best. but i give the player an incentive by putting this type of clause in his contract - therefore making him more likely to accept to 1 initial year

Options generally should be introduced, i.e. that you have 1 year with 1 year option, the contract runs for a year and after this year you as a club can choose to take him on for another year (the player not being allowed to refuse) or you can release him if he is not wanted.

This is a very common practice at lower levels of the game and I'm frankly shocked that a group as thorough as SI hasn't put it in before as it is very simple to implement.

Havent SI been talking more to agents this time around to make contracts/negotiations more realistic?

I may have either made that up, dreamt it or actually read it somewhere, I'm not sure icon_biggrin.gif

I'm also in agreement.

Another addition however, that would also be great, would be to have the option to loan back the player you are buying for the rest of the season - which would be great for youth players.

I don't think this is implemented is it?

Originally posted by Neji:

Havent SI been talking more to agents this time around to make contracts/negotiations more realistic?

I may have either made that up, dreamt it or actually read it somewhere, I'm not sure icon_biggrin.gif

You are correct - they had a lot of chats with club chairmans/agents on contracts and clauses.

Yep, definately all of these options would make the game grow a lot.

The one David Graham mentioned is very realistic, automatic renovation of contracts according to objetives accomplished. It is very used both for players and for coaches (see Javier Aguirre at Atletico this year... it doesn't seem like anybody wanted him to go on another year, but he's been automatically renewed because Atletico qualified for CL).

And also what djhdjh said, "optional" extra years are used in many contracts these days. Especially good for players near or above 30 y/o.

And finally what Real Madrid are doing next year with Garay, which is JumbleSausage's suggestion. From my point of view, this could be the most important thing.

Sometimes you sign youngsters who have a great potential, but they still need a lot of polishment, or maybe they're still non-EU players despite of being player in an EU team. So you see yourself forced to sign them first, and then when they come (you can't do it until they appear in your squad), look for a team willing to loan them in, as they might not be good enough for your first team yet, and you maybe don't even have any free non-EU spots anyway.

Having the option of leaving him loaned in his original club is the perfect solution.

Hoping that SI takes a look good at this thread (or have these ideas already in their 'to-do' list).

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You are correct - they had a lot of chats with club chairmans/agents on contracts and clauses.

Ahh, so I'm not going mad! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you are, but just not because of this. icon_biggrin.gif

I also remember SI saying that they have been talking with agents and the like to get more of an idea of realism in the contract/agent department.

Archived